any comments on the gt350?

Dynobrat

Established Member
Is everyone keeping the engine stock? Everyone content with the power and performance? I wish it had a bit more power another 100-150hp would be just about enough. This car needs to be force fed it's got a little limp to it. Clearly more track oriented but it needs more power at launch and it is very submissive. Not enough power! I'd rather have the extra power than the 8250 redline...both would be staunch.

Bog in first, no good, it really falls on its face and gets back up. It should be more capable, but I guess that's why it's called the gt350. And I can cruise around in 5th gear at city speeds, I never did that with the 2010 it's kinda nice. The dealer didn't have any demo cars and it's not like you could take it out and get to know the performance in the seat.

Last edited:

Dynobrat

Established Member
It's all original. And no I haven't. I'm not talking about track performance I'm talking about it being slow to get moving. I haven't pushed my car. I want my clutch to last. haha I am not doing multiple hard launches. Just watched sbs video's and it seems to trip off the line, the rolling bog kills it off the start. It should be ready to eat the pavement up.

Voltwings

Established Member
400 in the 5.0 is a shit load of power on the road course without a ton of tire, and i am speaking from experience. If you want more power, you want a boosted 5.0, not the GT350... i thought we covered this like a billion times already? Do you even google bro?

Boss 330

Established Member
It's all original. And no I haven't. I'm not talking about track performance I'm talking about it being slow to get moving. I haven't pushed my car. I want my clutch to last. haha I am not doing multiple hard launches. Just watched sbs video's and it seems to trip off the line, the rolling bog kills it off the start. It should be ready to eat the pavement up.

Track mode, traction control off. no launch control. 7000 rpm dump... hang on!

ttps://www.instagram.com/p/8L0ND9Ix67/ Drag times..

Last edited:

Dynobrat

Established Member
nice and straight. What is the story on this car? That's what I really like is this car will put power down really well and you can tell it's not overpowered stock. I hope there is a streamline production kit. I definitely want more go peddle. Sorry I'm late to the party. I love the car though.

A guy bought a 2016, put 17,000km on it and traded it for a 2017. He said the exhaust sounds better on the 17. There was something else he mentioned but I forget. He didn't know why the exhaust sounds better but it was enough for him to switch.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
400 in the 5.0 is a shit load of power on the road course without a ton of tire, and i am speaking from experience. If you want more power, you want a boosted 5.0, not the GT350... i thought we covered this like a billion times already? Do you even google bro?

yes. this. exactly.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
This car isn't old school muscle. The first time I drove a Ferrari, I wasn't impressed with it's performance. My boss got in and told me to keep the tach pegged. Totally different car. This car has an 8,200 redline, get it up there and see how it flies.

Dynobrat

Established Member
I'm still in the break-in period and haven't done the first oil change. My first mod is probably going to be the battery. There's a 590 CCA battery, I'm sure it will have a longer reserve. Or at least I am looking into it. It's scary there's only 2.4L of transmission fluid. That's the reason for the overheating without the coolers. I haven't seen any actual cooler yet or is there one and I just haven't googled it yet? You'd think it would be easy to develop a moulded heatsink with extractor fans similar to computers CPU to pull heat out of it without any cooler pump. And the 17's you can see the transmission fluid temp where the 16 you can't. Should have bought the 17 but it was another 5 g

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread