Any 3.0 pulley Kenne Bell 2.8H street use/overheating question

swaftom

Established Member
Hi guys, quick question. I have a KB 2.8H and was going to switch from the current 3.25 pulley to a 3.0 pulley. It has longtubes, O/R X, stinger CB, runs e85. Motor is stock as is crank pulley.
I spoke with KB and was advised that the 3.0 on my setup is inadvisable for street use because it may generate too much heat may lead to rotor damage/failure. Is anyone running a 3.0 pulley on the street, and if so, how long have you been and have you experienced any problems?
If I can't go 3.0 pulley, then it sounds like I'm kind of tapped out on the setup without going into the motor. Just seeing if there's any real world use and feedback. Thanks.

03' White Snake

Established Member
How much boost are you seeing currently?

I am running the stock 3.75" upper and a 4lb lower on my 2.8H KB and I am seeing just under 21lbs on e85. I am thinking of swapping on a 3.5" blower pulley with the 4lb lower and seeing what she makes. According to KB, the 3.75" pulley is 18.5 psi. The loss is boost is from the headers.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Isn't there an issue with the case on the 2.8 because they used the same case as the 2.6 but with a bigger rotor pack?

Users who are viewing this thread