Ants in boat, need help

Travis

Established Member
Not a member of a boating forum, so hopefully you guys can give me a hand.

I have a Nitro bass boat, fiberglass, and i opened one of my compartments and there was a massive pile of what look like carpenter ants...which is weird since there isnt any wood on my boat that i am aware of. I am going to run a hose in that compartment which will hopefully flush them out of the bilge and i am also going to spray a bunch of ant killer all over.

Anyone have any experience with this? Pretty bummed that i have a colony of ants in there lol

thanks

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Ortho Home defense will destroy all the ones currently there...but use a mask..stuff is potent...you can get it at walmart...after that buy some cheap sidewalk chalk and put a line on the boat where ants can crawl on it...they wont cross chalk...no bs...it works.

Travis

Established Member
Correction, only wood is the deck. The compartment I found them in had a bunch of larva and ants so I'm assuming that was the nest. Vacuumed all them out

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
keep up with it! Spray Ortho home defence in it, and check it daily until you get some consequtive days without ants!...hate those bastards

most of your deck is plywood depending on the year and model Nitro

My Javelin is all composite...no wood at all...but i wish it had the storage of a Z7 Nitro lol. I have more rods and gear than i can count lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I highly recommend the Ortho Home Defense. I use it around the perimeter of my 2 year old shed. It works!

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
They don't need wood to nest. Just a suitable place. They can move materials in to nest in. Happened in my truck one time.

Travis

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'll grab some tomorrow and get to it. Certainly not what I expected to see when I started cleaning it haha

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
drown 'em? sink boat... problem solved, problem stayin solved.

when chemical warfare is needed i too use Ortho HD. it's been great at keeping the little bastards out of my shop.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrap the boat in plastic and toss in a bug bomb.

Travis

Established Member
Little update in case someone stumbles upon this thread with the same issue...i flooded the compartment because i saw that they were heading into a hold that led to the bilge. so i flowed water through for a while and didnt see many after that. couple here and there while i was working on a few things. left the boat out overnight at work with all the compartments open and i didnt see any in there thiss morning. ill do a thorough inspection when i get back with the ortho. hopefully they are gone after that. thanks for your help everyone

NinjaBum

Established Member
Speaking of ants, what do you guys use when you want to murder colonies of ants outside? Particular brands/delivery systems?

I had a bunch of topsoil I was storing and I guess the ants had build a colony inside of some of the bags, so when I spread the topsoil in different parts of the yard they seem to have established some sort of super colony spanning a large portion of the backyard. Thinking about using some of those pellets they take and feed to the queen.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
You need Samuel L Jackson obviously...

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER ****ING ANTS ON THIS MOTHER ****ING BOAT!
MV5BMTM4OTc4NDY0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE3NzU0NA@@._V1._SX640_SY917_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread