Antarctica thread - Can we go there to explore?

blk02edge

Established Member
Don't they refer to themselves as the global society? lol

We should set up an SVTP meet in Antarctica, we'll bring extra hand warmers for Josh, lol.
2mEjXw

Attachments

• the-flat-earth-society-20-hrs-g-the-flat-earth-27991440.png
    the-flat-earth-society-20-hrs-g-the-flat-earth-27991440.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 140

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Antarctica gets so cold the batteries in your sat phone or handheld GPS, basically anything electronic will freeze. That close to the pole it's going to be tough to bust out a compass and a map... starmaps are out of the question at least 1/3rd of the year. At least at the north pole if you are important enough they can get a sub near you. Down there you're just welcome to destination ****ed.

Sent from my Note8

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
One of the most interesting books I read about real American Men discoveries was about Nathaniel Palmer. Over 200 years ago on wooden ships surviving the elements to discover a whole continent. No one today can compare to what our forefathers could do with so little. It truly is unbelievable to me and awesome at the same time. Here is the book.View attachment 1487530

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but did he have hookers and blow?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Antarctica gets so cold the batteries in your sat phone or handheld GPS, basically anything electronic will freeze. That close to the pole it's going to be tough to bust out a compass and a map... starmaps are out of the question at least 1/3rd of the year. At least at the north pole if you are important enough they can get a sub near you. Down there you're just welcome to destination ****ed.

Sent from my Note8
Long as you transport an 03 Cobra down, you're good to go. They never freeze and in emergencies their large cargo space can be used as a large shelter.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Holy crap, yall made a thread based on this? This DID have something to do with religion imo which is why i posted it there. None the less, i will keep it here but i dont have much to stay about this after i answer the below.

Dumb question

Do they have the means of stopping you? Are there police?

As @Revvv said, what's to stop a well-to-do from doing just that? Privately funding their own excursion.

Not asking to start drama, asking because I legitimately do not know the answer. Cold weather and I do not get along.
It's ran bye whoever controls the world from the looks of it. If someone has legitimately tried, we have never heard about it.
Man I'm having a tough time watching it and believing anything he is saying is true. From reading online, it does appear that you can absolutely go and a permit is "requested" but there is no one that would stop you.

No military out there, and from what I read from people who have been there, the reason for the permits are so they know where you are for rescue missions. If there is military out there it's usually for transportation as they are the best equipped for it but there are no permanent bases (as required by treaty).

From what I can gather out of all of this, is they A) want to keep it un-****ed from humans and B) don't really want you out there because youre going to die.
The video is very clear is saying how impossible it is to explore. Us human have literally destroy sooo many areas of this world that isnt freezing cold. Like we care about the environment. Especially where it's freezing cold and no one wants to live. It sounds fishy to me.

I'm not here to say the earth is flat or round. I cant prove either. That subject provokes a lot of trolls from either side as seen in this thread already. I'm just said in the other thread which turned into this one is the way Antarctica is restricted is very fishy. Nothing more, nothing less. This subject IMO is border line with a ton of other conspiracy theories in this world. I dont get into any of this online due to it all being speculation just like religion. Yall have fun, im out.
In an effort to keep the other thread from de-railing, lets move this over here.

@SVT-BansheeMan mentioned you can't go to Antarctica and explore, yet I can't find any evidence for this.
Please get your facts strait about what i said. I said we are not able to free roam.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
One of our members here works/used to work in Antarctica for periods of time. He has/had a Raptor (but not down there haha). I just can't bring to surface his username, it's escaping me.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Don't they refer to themselves as the global society? lol

We should set up an SVTP meet in Antarctica, we'll bring extra hand warmers for Josh, lol.

Lol because his pants pockets are too small for his hands?

The video is very clear is saying how impossible it is to explore. Us human have literally destroy sooo many areas of this world that isnt freezing cold. Like we care about the environment. Especially where it's freezing cold and no one wants to live. It sounds fishy to me.

I'm not here to say the earth is flat or round. I cant prove either. That subject provokes a lot of trolls from either side as seen in this thread already. I'm just said in the other thread which turned into this one is the way Antarctica is restricted is very fishy. Nothing more, nothing less. This subject IMO is border line with a ton of other conspiracy theories in this world. I dont get into any of this online due to it all being speculation just like religion. Yall have fun, im out.

Please get your facts strait about what i said. I said we are not able to free roam.

I can't take anything that video says as truth.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
One of our members here works/used to work in Antarctica for periods of time. He has/had a Raptor (but not down there haha). I just can't bring to surface his username, it's escaping me.

RES0594?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread