Another SCT story of whoa

86merc

Established Member
ya, manufacturers are not dumb and technology is coming further along. So it allows them to stop things like that.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I heard that the Diesel tuner guys swap ECUs since that is a real hot button issue since diesel motors are very expensive.

thats what a lot of 11+ hemi guys are doing. putting in a '10 PCM and tuning those since the 11s are encoded. If Ford did that we would be hosed...

acrbill

Established Member
If Ford made the ECU non tunable they would alienate all sorts of businesses. That's not to say that they wouldn't do so if the cost of paying bum warranty claims went sky high.

thats what a lot of 11+ hemi guys are doing. putting in a '10 PCM and tuning those since the 11s are encoded. If Ford did that we would be hosed...

texaswrx

Established Member
So, on a sort of similar note, I thought I saved the stock file when I updated. I could not find it on my laptop. Well, I found one, but it was not a .cef file, it was an lbu file. My car has a tune and no issues swapping around tunes. Now, how in the hell can my dumb ass get a stock tune for my PCM? Thanks for anyone's time or suggestion. I have a BAMA tune. I knew I should have left well enough alone.

JP

ViciousJay

Established Member
i love how people told me a year ago that i should do upgrades to the software when it comes out... looks liek i was right! if it aint broke DONT TRY FIXING IT (unless of course you can go faster :D)

texaswrx

Established Member
i love how people told me a year ago that i should do upgrades to the software when it comes out... looks liek i was right! if it aint broke DONT TRY FIXING IT (unless of course you can go faster :D)

Well, my mistake was my own fault. I did not double check the saved files before updating. At least I had no issues with my PCM.

acrbill

Established Member
Stock tune should be on your device and you can put it onto your PC whenever. Also when you dump the stock tune it is a few .lbu files.

So, on a sort of similar note, I thought I saved the stock file when I updated. I could not find it on my laptop. Well, I found one, but it was not a .cef file, it was an lbu file. My car has a tune and no issues swapping around tunes. Now, how in the hell can my dumb ass get a stock tune for my PCM? Thanks for anyone's time or suggestion. I have a BAMA tune. I knew I should have left well enough alone.

JP

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i am having a slightly diff problemsent for a tune and for some unkown reason THEY CANT GET IT RIGHT ,,now tonight loaded his new tune and WAP car wont do nothing but idle at like 400rpm hit the gas nothing 400rpm,,, went to go back to my old tune to drive it,,idles at 400rpm,,,,,,,programed car back to stock and it runs fine,reloaded old tune(that wont shift out of first at WOT) AND car runs and drives WTF!!!

texaswrx

Established Member
Stock tune should be on your device and you can put it onto your PC whenever. Also when you dump the stock tune it is a few .lbu files.

Thanks. I called and talked to the tech at SCT as well. I was just thrown off by the different file names.

Users who are viewing this thread