Another reason not to own a Vette...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Article said he ducked down just before impact and that saved his life. What likely really happened was that he was speeding, dropped his cell phone while texting, and leaned down to try to pick it up off the passenger side floor. And then, BAM! :D :rollseyes

But seriously, whatever this guy was, or wasn't doing, he is VERY fortunate to be alive, let along relatively unhurt. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So Corvette got crushed by a trailer. Guy survived and that became a reason to not buy a Corvette?
Did I missed something? :shrug:

Last edited:

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
That guy better go buy a lottery ticket, that could have easily killed him. I don't think it would have mattered what he was driving

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Yup, looks like it's a testament to how safe the corvette is, haha. Gnarly crash, I'm glad the guy survived.

-Eric

S8ER01Z

Established Member
From the video of the Malibu hitting at 35mph I don't think it matters much what kind of car you are in or if you are speeding.

flS/R

Established Member
Hey OP, if someone drove a mustang off the Grand Canyon, is that good reason not to buy one?

Hey OP, if someone drove a camaro off the Grand Canyon, is that a good reason not to buy one.

for these reasons I don't drive a 64-66 Thunderbird convertible

Canyon.jpg

svtshadow

Banned
Why buy a sports car that can be out-braked by a semi truck. Not only does my terminator out-brake corvettes, but my iron block is my ironman suit.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I heard the Corvette driver was distracted by the GT500 in the rearview mirror. I don't buy it though... as that is quite common.
Now THAT's funny right there! :lol:

So Corvette got crushed by a trailer. Guy survived and that became a reason to not buy a Corvette?
Did I missed something? :shrug:
Yes, the OP is Deet, Dee Dee.

Why buy a sports car that can be out-braked by a semi truck. Not only does my terminator out-brake corvettes, but my iron block is my ironman suit.
Ya, a C4 maybe... :lol1:

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread