Another reason not to own a Vette...

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
that would happen to any car. if anything, the fact that a vehicle like a vette has a longer hood than most cars may have saved the dude's life

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Seems more like a case of the underride guards not performing as expected... reason not to own a vette? Cereal?

iwannacobra5

Established Member
the front end of a vette is much lower than the average car. i could only figure the chances of dying or being seriously injured increases in this situation when driving the vette. you're right though, the long front end might have saved the guy in this case. either way, when you plow into the back of a semi in any car you're screwed!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yup, drive in the fast lane and pay attention. Hard to believe a trailer out braked a corvette. Dude was obviously not paying attention.

jbs$

Established Member
Get off of the damn phone and look at what is in front of you. The guy may have survived, however, his pants did not.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Yo! Trailers are mean and solid bitches! You're better off not crashing into one...:nono: Jus' sayin! :lol1: I'm glad the guy survived though...:)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I'll be honest those 35mph crash test on the linked article scared the **** out of me. I would likely die if I hit the back of a trailer at any speed. Something I never really thought about until now.

KurtDog

Established Member
Physics win again. 70K lbs > 3K lbs.

This article annoys me. The trucks already have big enough bumpers. If you are not driving like a dip shit, semis would not need any bumpers.

If you can not out break a 70 thousand pound vehicle, you deserve to die.

This dipshit was obviously hauling ass on the 405 and should probably be dead. The average speed on the 405 is probably about 20 mph. It's congested from 6am until 2am the following morning.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
He survived--so actually a good reason to own a Vette. Either way he probably was not paying attention.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
+1 on avoiding crashing into the back of semi trailers! Yes they move slow, but just stay away from. He was probably texting his girlfreind that he is running around with on the side and as she texted him that her husband may be onto them, he looks up and baaaammmm!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
"dont own a corvette because if you run into the back of a semi truck you may die"... Awesome logic not to buy one.

Dont be a dumb ass and pay attention.. And you'll be fine.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Don't crash into the back of a trailer.

Exactly! This is what happens when idiots don't pay attention and follow too closely behind a vehicle. Just do a little observation when you drive next time, count how many times somebody is right on the ass of a semi or other vehicle. Hell, I get idiots on my ass all the time when I'm following atleast 2 seconds behind the vehicle infront of me like for some reason they think trying to park in my backseat is going to get them somewhere faster...

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
I heard the Corvette driver was distracted by the GT500 in the rearview mirror. I don't buy it though... as that is quite common.

Users who are viewing this thread