another MT82 failure

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
driving my 13 Boss to work last Tuesday and lost 2nd gear. Took it to the dealer and they are rebuilding the trans.

I asked them to inspect the clutch for me, car has 22K on it. My advisor asked why and I told him that the car doesnt like to shift at 7K and the clutch pedal sticks. He informed me there is a TSB for this and they will be installing a new disc and upgraded pressure plate to fix this concern.

I'll updated when I get my car back, hopefully before the new year

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Sucks, you should upgrade to an aftermarket clutch it while it's apart.

Last edited:

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
car is not tuned but it does have Barton shifter and bracket, cat-back, lowering springs and aluminum drive-shaft.
they called today and said the parts came in and I could possible get it back tomorrow (the 24th)
I'll keep everyone posted

scott_0

Established Member
car is not tuned but it does have Barton shifter and bracket, cat-back, lowering springs and aluminum drive-shaft.
they called today and said the parts came in and I could possible get it back tomorrow (the 24th)
I'll keep everyone posted

are they rebuilding or replacing the trans?

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I have my car back now, the trans has whatever parts needed replaced and they installed a new disc and pressure plate.

Of course its been raining here so no spirited driving, but my initial impression is that it is better than new.

NOW, if they wouldve only cleaned the grease and handprints off my car before giving it back I would be much happier. I also had to adjust the exhaust b/c they had it on crooked and low. I will updated once I drive it in the dry

scott_0

Established Member
NOW, if they wouldve only cleaned the grease and handprints off my car before giving it back I would be much happier. I also had to adjust the exhaust b/c they had it on crooked and low. I will updated once I drive it in the dry

and this is why I don't want a dealership working on my car smh

Tyler72

Established Member
Do you know what the TSB number was? My car is terrible about the clutch sticking to the floor. And it's got the upgraded clutch line, good DOT4 fluid in it too. Still sticks. I haven't taken the assist spring off though.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I'll grab my receipt tomorrow and post the tsb#.

Scott_o, I'm a service manager at a high line dealer and I would never let a car leave my store like this, and if it did happen my tech and svc advisor wouldnt like my reaction. There are good and bad dealers or any shop for that matter where ever you go. I guess me telling in before hand how picky I was and to please keep my car inside or under the parking deck didnt resonate with him. they did offer to give me a free detail and apologized.

scott_0

Established Member
I'll grab my receipt tomorrow and post the tsb#.

Scott_o, I'm a service manager at a high line dealer and I would never let a car leave my store like this, and if it did happen my tech and svc advisor wouldnt like my reaction. There are good and bad dealers or any shop for that matter where ever you go. I guess me telling in before hand how picky I was and to please keep my car inside or under the parking deck didnt resonate with him. they did offer to give me a free detail and apologized.

yeah man, I hate to lump all dealerships into a bad category, but now a days, too many people don't care about the work they're doing, lol and I'm just so damn anal about how people treat my car, like I'm terrified to leave my car next week for fear that they'll beat the shit out of it, which I don't even do, all this makes me just want to take the trans out myself and drive it to Revolution Automotive to be rebuilt, that way I know I'll take the care to properly put it back together. but we're talking about the possibility of saving $1100+ here!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Rev auto is the place to go if you cant do a tremec magnum! the new mgw race spec shifter would be a big plus and while your at it upgrade your clutch and call it a day! You will be set!

scott_0

Established Member
Rev auto is the place to go if you cant do a tremec magnum! the new mgw race spec shifter would be a big plus and while your at it upgrade your clutch and call it a day! You will be set!

yup, that's my plan if I'm denied warranty, I just got the MGW race spec, and I'll most likely add a Exedy Mach 500 clutch as well

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I just read my invoice. No TSB noted, it reads my complaint of pedal sticks to floor at 7000 RPM and their TAC hotline recommended to them to replace the clutch assy.

Tyler72

Established Member
Well crap. I was hoping to be able to get the TSB # so I can have my facts straight. Did that fix the pedal sticking to the floor though? Hesitant about letting the dealer work on my car. I've done EVERYTHING else myself, so part of me just wants to skip all the trouble and just go ahead and upgrade clutches so I can do it myself and get better parts too. My transmission is fine as far as I know. I put on Amsoil synchromesh fluid and its been just fine. But its only got 12,000 miles on it.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
no TSB listed, I looked up the parts and they arent that expensive.
Here is the part # for the clutch they installed, I havent looked it up yet to see if it is a newer or different part # than stocL
CR3Z*7B546*C

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Well crap. I was hoping to be able to get the TSB # so I can have my facts straight. Did that fix the pedal sticking to the floor though? Hesitant about letting the dealer work on my car. I've done EVERYTHING else myself, so part of me just wants to skip all the trouble and just go ahead and upgrade clutches so I can do it myself and get better parts too. My transmission is fine as far as I know. I put on Amsoil synchromesh fluid and its been just fine. But its only got 12,000 miles on it.

Only fix for the sticking past 7K issue is aftermarket clutch. Even the Boss guys get the sticking issue.

Users who are viewing this thread