Another incedent with Open Carry..

CobraKid04

Established Member
We have a right to be secure in our persons. In Maine, you have the RIGHT (there's that word again) to open carry a firearm.

The cop has no right to do that. The cop must first suspect or witness a crime

clearly

NO, They can't for the same reason they can't pull over a law abiding citizen and ask for their permits...BC THEY ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW OR UNDER SUSPICION OF BREAKING THE LAW!

Just asking a questiong guy. settle down.

all I can say is that our laws suck ass. I go 5mph over the speed limit and can be detained, but walking down the street with a gun is ok. hahaha no way. you can write it any way you want, that shit is dumb as hell.

That may be the law and you can preach it all you want, but it's still stupid and shouldn't be that way.

Oh no a peasant with a gun! Good for him standing up to that dingleberry Leo. He was well within his rights and that Leo is in the wrong. Citizens having a gun in public is a "reason for concern" according to the cop. Just shows the mentality of these clowns they give badges to who average around a 90 iq. Absolutely a pathetic excuse for a public servant.

Last edited:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Guess they do not have a right to perform a DUI stop either. I suppose the Fish and Game could not ask me for my license as well :sleeping:

no they should not have the right to conduct DUI stops...this is a contested issue...even if they stop u at a DUI, iirc, there is little to no info you actually have to provide them b/c they've stopped you without cause.

Opinion: Why Are DUI Sobriety Checkpoints Constitutional?

chrisheltra

Established Member
When people call about someone carrying a gun in the open, the police can't just shrug someone off because they sound educated.

Serial killers are educated too, and look what happens there.

Why don't this asswipe just show his ID and get going? Cop's just doing his job, I hate that everyone's got a camera phone and trying to F the Police.

Detained by Biddeford PD for Open Carry - YouTube

Another one where's he's being a complete douche just to stir the pot with police.

He needs to get a life and stop trying to be a YouTube gun rights hero.

Or the cops can mind their own damn business since no one is doing anything illegal and they dont have the right to detain people or confiscate their property. Its people like you that allow themselves get pushed around and lose their freedoms that have gotten this country in the position that its currently in.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Just asking a questiong guy. settle down.

all I can say is that our laws suck ass. I go 5mph over the speed limit and can be detained, but walking down the street with a gun is ok. hahaha no way. you can write it any way you want, that shit is dumb as hell.

That may be the law and you can preach it all you want, but it's still stupid and shouldn't be that way.

You should petition to change the laws you don't agree with.

mr2cam

Established Member
How is that standing up for your rights? If the cops were telling the guy to put his gun away or leave, then he can stand up for his rights. The Officer just wanted to make sure the guy wasn't some crazy guy who decided to carry his gun and shoot everyone up. The guy is a clown.

Leo's please inform me as to why the Police do not have a right to detain and individual with a gun? Given that a man with a gun is walking down the street, don't the police have a right to stop him to see his permit? Isn't that the point of a permit, so if you get stopped you have proof. I don't understand. wouldn't it be a crime to carry the gun if he didn't have a permit?

Couldn't the cop just have said yea, I suspect you of not having permit? Then couldn't the cop detain and have the right to gather the information.

If the state he is in allows open carry then no he does not need a permit

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Smart guys carry unloaded firearms.. DURRRRR... So stupid. Glad California made this illegal.

I'll keep my concealed so I don't advertise "I HAVE A WEAPON" all over my forehead.

mr2cam

Established Member
thank you.

Sadly a lot of people that have never owned a gun don't know the gun laws. But here is my position on the whole situation, like I said before I sometimes open carry, but only in the summer time. If I was ever confronted by a cop and asked for my id, I would gladly give him my ID, ask him if he wants to check the serial number on the gun, and ask him if he wants my concealed permit also. I would do that instead of sitting there and arguing about your rights.

If the guy had just given the cop his ID he would have been on his way much faster..

mr2cam

Established Member
Smart guys carry unloaded firearms.. DURRRRR... So stupid. Glad California made this illegal.

I'll keep my concealed so I don't advertise "I HAVE A WEAPON" all over my forehead.

Well since you live in California then you know how hard it is to get a concealed permit there.. I don't have a problem concealing my gun, but sometimes it just doesn't work.. About 98% of people in California have no choice but to open carry..

BearsFTW18

Established Member
lmao, i wish this happened here in Chicago, because we don't have concealed carry here and I'd love to see 8 CPD officers with their knees in his back after he's a douche.

I understand the officer needed a reason to stop him, but the PUBLIC is calling about the man and is CONCERNED. that PUBLIC is what he is sworn(and paid) to serve and protect. People watch to see how officers respond to something they call about. The guy made a big deal out of nothing. if he was a clean and upstanding citizen, all he had to do was show his ID and he would of been on his way in 5 minutes if he was clean and had no warrants. He made a huge production out of nothing.

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Well since you live in California then you know how hard it is to get a concealed permit there.. I don't have a problem concealing my gun, but sometimes it just doesn't work.. About 98% of people in California have no choice but to open carry..

Most counties here are "shall" issue CCW permits. It's easy for those that want it to apply, qualify, and carry. If people don't want to jump through the hoops, that's on them.

gamebred26

Established Member
i love how you guys are attacking this guy. he is proving a point. good for him.

if they have an open carry law..and the dude was not breaking any laws. the police have no right to ask him SHIT..period.

being a prick isnt a crime.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
lmao, i wish this happened here in Chicago, because we don't have concealed carry here and I'd love to see 8 CPD officers with their knees in his back after he's a douche.

I understand the officer needed a reason to stop him, but the PUBLIC is calling about the man and is CONCERNED. that PUBLIC is what he is sworn(and paid) to serve and protect. People watch to see how officers respond to something they call about. The guy made a big deal out of nothing. if he was a clean and upstanding citizen, all he had to do was show his ID and he would of been on his way in 5 minutes if he was clean and had no warrants. He made a huge production out of nothing.

Disclaimer - The guy in the video is a complete douche and was obviously out trolling for this situation to happen just so he could put it on YouTube.

Moving on -

When the CONCERNED PUBLIC calls 911 because someone is LEGALLY OPEN CARRYING, then the dispatcher should inform the caller that it is completely legal, and to move on with their life. If living in an open carry state bothers you, then vote to have the laws changed or move. :bored:

The police have absolutely no right to stop/question/detain this guy or ask for his I.D.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Disclaimer - The guy in the video is a complete douche and was obviously out trolling for this situation to happen just so he could put it on YouTube.

Moving on -

When the CONCERNED PUBLIC calls 911 because someone is LEGALLY OPEN CARRYING, then the dispatcher should inform the caller that it is completely legal, and to move on with their life. If living in an open carry state bothers you, then vote to have the laws changed or move. :bored:

The police have absolutely no right to stop/question/detain this guy or ask for his I.D.

what if the caller said "the man is acting suspicious"? Just because it's an open carry state doesn't mean someone can walk around with a gun and do/say whatever they want. That's not how it works.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
what if the caller said "the man is acting suspicious"? Just because it's an open carry state doesn't mean someone can walk around with a gun and do/say whatever they want. That's not how it works.

That's a completely different scenario (As you acknowledged by saying "What if"), and not what happened here. The officer even stated "You're walking down XXXX street carrying a gun, and people are calling," and that the only reason they stopped him was because he was carrying. There was no mention of suspicious activity.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member

Or if the paid public servants knew and understood the law then there wouldn't have been any issue to begin with. Notice there was no huge production once the supervisor showed up because he knew the law and appropriately applied it.

And don't forget there is the possibility the first cop knew and understood the law, but chose to disregard it because most people (as proven in this very thread) would gladly submit.

Last edited:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Or if the paid public servants knew and understood the law then there wouldn't have been any issue to begin with. Notice there was no huge production once the supervisor showed up because he knew the law and appropriately applied it.

And don't forget there is the possibility the first cop knew and understood the law, but chose to disregard it because most people (as proven in this very thread) would gladly submit.

I would submit. If I have nothing to hide, im just gonna comply so it will only take 5 minutes and then be on my way instead of wasting time arguing. But maybe I have that attitude because I come from a CPD family and am currently in the process of becoming a LEO myself.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
he should of just done what the cops said and there wouldn't of been a problem. then when what they justify as cause for a stop becomes the norm, they can up the ante and then we can just accept that too. then when it gets to cops arresting you for whatever reason they want, we'll just accept that as well.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Or the cops can mind their own damn business since no one is doing anything illegal and they dont have the right to detain people or confiscate their property. Its people like you that allow themselves get pushed around and lose their freedoms that have gotten this country in the position that its currently in.

so what if that was a felon carrying around a weapon? oh, thats right we dont know because he simply wont give his name and DOB. the police have every right to ID the person due to it being called in where it now has become a public safety concern. i have no problem with exercising your rights, but this boy is taking it a little to far. if he were to actually act mature about it he would have been out of there in 30 seconds after they ran him out and he came back clear. but i guess some people have to make a point so they can get "likes" on their youtube and facebook pages...

Users who are viewing this thread