Another FRPS Question??

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
1st I sure would like to be better in English cause I have a hard time finding the good way to write this question???:shrug: Sorry Guys, but here goes

I have blown 3 FRPS this summer. Getting expensive and anoying (New one is on is way from Tousely + a KB Disk) My first two Yes I have hit Rev limiter at times. But my last one I honnestly did not hit it. Last week out of the blue i am passing a car i am on 4th gear I am about 4500 rpm (not really stepping on it) and I get this big miss!!!! Stop the car put my SCT hand held and sure enough I got that FRPS malfunction code+ create a rich code bank 1. Like I say it is not because of hitting rev limiter. The car is sitting still until I get my new one and the disk, cause the boost line from the FRPS smells gaz

Here are my questions
1:Before this happen I was finding my car not as strong but tought it was my imagination, could the FRPS been quitting on me and creating this lost of power even before the sensor really let go?

2:If my FRPS was quitting on me before i got that big miss was the fuel line pulling gaz in crank without me knowing it? i was cheking my oil befor eavry trip and it was not getting higher on the dipstick

3: Someone should invente something that would stop gaz to go in crank when a FRPS get poped

I sure hope this disk helps cause my next mod will be going return style

Thanks and hope my questions are understandable??:beer:

Last edited:

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Just curious to know!!!! Does it mean that the Sensor can be bad without us knowing it and driving our car while it is pulling gaz into the crank????

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just curious to know!!!! Does it mean that the Sensor can be bad without us knowing it and driving our car while it is pulling gaz into the crank????

There are two failure modes for that sensor, electronic failure, and ruptured diaphragm failure.

It will run bad with the electronic failure without dumping gas.

I can not envision a burst diaphragm being undetectable.

Users who are viewing this thread