Another Evo

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
+1 They are the heaviest of all the EVO's and also the 6 speed for that car is a no no for drag/roll racing.

According to him, he just got his car back from the shop and was getting his tranny built for like 1000hp or something:dw: whatever man I think he was avoiding me the last couple of days. I probably would too if I was full of sh*t

BlueSnake01

Established Member
According to him, he just got his car back from the shop and was getting his tranny built for like 1000hp or something:dw: whatever man I think he was avoiding me the last couple of days. I probably would too if I was full of sh*t
I also think he is full of shit. I dont mean the tranny sucks, its a good tranny but the gears are too short. The MR's have to shift more than the regular GSR's due to the different gearing. Same problem with the STI, have to keep shifting all the time. The GSR is a better drag car than the MR, even though both cars were not meant for that.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
i have an evo....and evo is not pushing out anything over 500 unless hes got a built block and even 500 on stock motor is pushing it.

even a stock turbo evo is a nasty car, my old black evo ix dynoed at 372awhp / 375 trq @ 28psi and mine is scary fast, no affence to you cobra guys but i eat cobras from digs and rolls with pulley and w.e else lol. But i do loose to ported blower cobras haha but im not getting into that haha

anyway. unless he has over 380 wheel hp then i wouldnt worry about it.

let us no what happens. But theres not way hes at 540 wheel haha, if you dont here that baby spool then hes a stock turbo, but like i said dont underestimate the stock turbo, ive seen numbers up in the high 400's on stock turbo.

and to the race fuel and turning up the boost, alot of evo guys do that if they no what there doing, when i was serious about a race i would bolt my straight pipe in place instead of my muffler, fill it with 5 gallons of VP 109 and turn the boost up to 28-30psi, and the car is discustingly fast!!!

remeber an evo IX turbo has no lag so hes going to spool right up, and if he is going to brake boost and run the 109....then it may be a good race ...IF....he has supporting bolt ons.

race fuel and turning the boost up wont do anything on a stock evo but blow a head gasket haha
goodluck.

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
i have an evo....and evo is not pushing out anything over 500 unless hes got a built block and even 500 on stock motor is pushing it.

even a stock turbo evo is a nasty car, my old black evo ix dynoed at 372awhp / 375 trq @ 28psi and mine is scary fast, no affence to you cobra guys but i eat cobras from digs and rolls with pulley and w.e else lol. But i do loose to ported blower cobras haha but im not getting into that haha

anyway. unless he has over 380 wheel hp then i wouldnt worry about it.

let us no what happens. But theres not way hes at 540 wheel haha, if you dont here that baby spool then hes a stock turbo, but like i said dont underestimate the stock turbo, ive seen numbers up in the high 400's on stock turbo.

and to the race fuel and turning up the boost, alot of evo guys do that if they no what there doing, when i was serious about a race i would bolt my straight pipe in place instead of my muffler, fill it with 5 gallons of VP 109 and turn the boost up to 28-30psi, and the car is discustingly fast!!!

remeber an evo IX turbo has no lag so hes going to spool right up, and if he is going to brake boost and run the 109....then it may be a good race ...IF....he has supporting bolt ons.

race fuel and turning the boost up wont do anything on a stock evo but blow a head gasket haha
goodluck.

I had an evo that had an AMS 2.3L stroker/Shep Tranny/etc. There have been numerous people making over 500whp on 93oct and stock motor. The most ever on the stock block is 669whp. Also you have to think about the stock turbo. It spools almost instantly and has a ton of low end. Top end is not great as the efficiancy dies at higher speeds/rpms. I made 386whp on alky and it was fast as hell too. I ran a pullied mystic cobra from a 40 roll and we were dead even. Now I have a Cobra and it feels a tad faster than my old evo, BUT the weight and gearing are the main factors in it not FEELING alot faster than the evo. He was making around 470rwhp fwiw. I think the OP needs to run him, give a mods list so we can see what happens with said evo.

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I have a long weekend so probably next week I guess. Didn't mean to drag it out cause its all in fun for me but now Im just curious. Never would have put any effort into running this dude if it wasn't for his mouth so...im sure you guys know where im coming from. Thanks for all your input though. And like I said, when it happens, win or lose, ill let everyone know.

xzero

Established Member
His numbers are bullshit unless hes got a gt42r but that torque seems low so unless he has a huge turbo I can tell hes lying run him and shut his mouth I am an Evo fan but not a douschebag fan shut his mouth.

Felix

Established Member
His numbers are bullshit unless hes got a gt42r but that torque seems low so unless he has a huge turbo I can tell hes lying run him and shut his mouth I am an Evo fan but not a douschebag fan shut his mouth.

If his HP and TQ's are accurate (which I doubt they are) I'd say he's probably running a 35R or some type of variant. I made around the same numbers on a modded stock turbo, but I made a lot more torque.

evolve

Established Member
If his HP and TQ's are accurate (which I doubt they are) I'd say he's probably running a 35R or some type of variant. I made around the same numbers on a modded stock turbo, but I made a lot more torque.

Did you run an FP setup? Or was it an older 20G-9-5/6?

evolve

Established Member

He definately doesnt have a 42R, if he did Id say run him from a 40 roll to 80. By the time he hits full boost, youll be in the Applebees parking lot with a rum in coke and an appetizer.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Finally cought up with this guy and we did a quick little pull from 40ish to 85ish and I was pulling him pretty consistenly. He said that he was only at 20lbs and said let me turn it up to 30? What do ya think??

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
You beat him, and he still has excuses. It's those kinds of ass-clowns that give import guys such a bad rep.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I was thinking the whole time that the EVo is BSing. The tq seems really off from the claimed hp. Now, I see you pulled him....good kill. I would run him at "30 lbs" and see what happens hahahhaa

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I pulled up next to him and starting to taunt him, lol, then I heard this terrible sound(his exhaust) when he hit it so I followed and imediately caught up/passed him. This thing sounded horrible, but I guess some people like that crap???

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
There is a guy in my office that is the exact same way. Nothing can touch his MR but he won't let me get within 100 feet of him on the road. As soon as he see's me rolling up he does some fast and furious weaving in and out of cars. He's a tool! We should introduce these two and they can go make EVO babies!!! I AM NOT SAYING A SINGLE THING BAD ABOUT EVO's...

Users who are viewing this thread