Another Evo

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Theres a guy at work who just got this MR edition and he must have a problem with cobras. First of all this guy is claiming like 540awhp with 3xxtq and wants to race. Asked me how much I was making and I told him about 400, so he said "that will give you about 290 to the wheels" and I laughed at him. So anyway I have 450/450 now and if his #'s are true than he's probably gonna spank the crap outta me pretty bad, but I think he's making these #'s up. He also said to let him know when I was ready so he can go get some race gas and turn up his boost or something! I dont need any warning, I drive my car every day:shrug:Cobra's look pretty intimidating but if you have those awd #'s then why is he so worried?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
sounds like your typical douchebag, they come in all types, this one just happens to be able to afford an evo.

get a mod list, if he cant produce, it doesnt have jack shit done.

evolve

Established Member
by the way, if you look under the hood and see something like this:
HTA35rTS.gif

DONT RACE HIM.

KJS1820

Established Member
EVOs if done up are pretty fast I have worked for mitsu since 92 and have seen a few monsters! 5??whp will be a handful for a pullied cobra! I wish you the best of luck but if he is really packing a bigger turbo running high boost you will be in trouble!

KJS1820

Established Member
by the way, if you look under the hood and see something like this:
HTA35rTS.gif

DONT RACE HIM.

Funny thing is at a track rental a couple years ago at atco some guy had a evo with GT37r AMS setup claiming 600 but he couldn't even break into the 11s that day! looks are deceiving sometime ;) so You may have a prayer

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
He started to tell me this long list of mods, but it sounded like he was speaking a different language. I came across a brand new one 2 days ago(very nice by the way) went from 20-70ish and pulled on him consistenly. Told that guy at work about it and he got defensive, said well it was more than likely stock whatever. Funny cause later in the day he came up to me asking "so how bad did you pull him?" Thought that was pretty funny actually.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Funny thing is at a track rental a couple years ago at atco some guy had a evo with GT37r AMS setup claiming 600 but he couldn't even break into the 11s that day! looks are deceiving sometime ;) so You may have a prayer

My stepdad runs his Monte Carlo up there, you may have seen it. I wish I had my car up there, I grew up around there. This 100 degree weather is killing me:cuss:

KJS1820

Established Member
Why can't we all just get along! I always love it when people get defensive on whos car is better! Race him for fun you seem like a cool level headed guy and I hope you win just to gloat a bit!

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
That was my intention. Then he started talking about race gas etc...its really not that serious. Like I said, my car is my DD so of course im not gonna make it a beast. It runs the same every day. This guy must think im gonna run to a shop and put some nitrous in or something which by the way would be F'ing funny if he really has 500hp:lol1:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
He reminds me of my old co worker some years back with his brand new STi.

I was 3-0 or maybe 4-0 against him at the 1/4 mile track! :lol1::lol:

:beer:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I can definately see this dude stripping his interior down and getting all crazy with it, lol. Its almost taking all the fun out of it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread