Another C6 Z idle clip....

mrlrd1

Established Member
Thats odd, how are you suppose to degree the cam if you don't have any specs to go by?

Sounds great though!

Edit: Nevermind I see that they gave you a spec card but they just don't post specs for public knowledge. Gotcha.

If you're going through the trouble to degree the cam you would be a fool not to have a Cam Doctor report done first. Vendor and/or manufacturer specs almost never match actual specs.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
If you're going through the trouble to degree the cam you would be a fool not to have a Cam Doctor report done first. Vendor and/or manufacturer specs almost never match actual specs.
Most people that have a LS cam installed aren't degree'd in.

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
My 06z06 valves are out of spec bad...... 2-3 times the service limit! We are pulling them this sat and sending them off for upgrades to WCCH! Guess that big cam did not help any!

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member

I don't know about being a fool or if I would call it going through any "trouble". You can check all the specs for yourself as you degree it and I agree most of the time I check it they are a little off from the listed specs. You are really just looking to match the recommended ICL or events (depending on which method you use) for the application that was given by the designer.

I also didn't know most LS cams aren't degreed, interesting info.

Not to derail the thread, your car sounds awesome in the last video, I didn't see that before.

mrlrd1

Established Member
I don't know about being a fool or if I would call it going through any "trouble". You can check all the specs for yourself as you degree it and I agree most of the time I check it they are a little off from the listed specs. You are really just looking to match the recommended ICL or events (depending on which method you use) for the application that was given by the designer.

Trouble? Cam Dr doesn't require removing the heads or the entire accessory drive. It's a better alternative if you're doing JUST a cam swap.

Users who are viewing this thread