Another blown FRPS!!! Question/

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Well it's my turn to have blown mine :( Shift light not working well and hit Rev Limiter twice yesterday now got the p0190 FRPS Malfunction. sorry if it may be a stupid question but is there something I should know when changing it? How TO?? I know I will need to change my oil

thanks

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
all u need is a 7mm socket its a 10min job

k.b sells a disk to help keep from blowing it, its 15 bucks

pick up a used one on here, and keep it in ur glove box!

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
or do what i did and delete that shit... .
BTW i have the FRPS i no longer need with the KB disk.

$50 + shipping or $60 shipped.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
all u need is a 7mm socket its a 10min job

7mm socket? My car takes a 4mm hex key or allen wrench. Is yours factory? I bought my car brand new and it was that way.

How do you delete it? I'm sitting here thinking about the logic behind it and the only thing I can think of is possibly by using a return style fuel system but even then I believe people still use them for tuning and stuff.

TRBO VNM

Malcolm,

from the factory I have seen the socket head and bolt head style.

deleting the FRPS, convert to return style

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
BTW i have the FRPS i no longer need with the KB disk.

$50 + shipping or $60 shipped.

Man that interest me the only thing is i am in New brunswick Canada and i need this for next friday!! Can you check if express from your place if it could be here by friday and what would be the $$ Shipp to E3N-2B1

thanks sir

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
After the Sensor have been change am i safe to drive the car to the garage to have to oil Change??:shrug:

thanks for the help

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
After the Sensor have been change am i safe to drive the car to the garage to have to oil Change??:shrug:

thanks for the help

I don't see why not, I know most people that blow a FRPS, and change it on the side of the road, don't change there on the road. A few miles couldn't hurt, JMO. No boost if it was me

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Why do you need to change the oil after your FRPS blows? Mine put so little gas in the vacuum line I'm not even sure I could get a drop but had that wetness to it where I could see the sensor had blown. Even so doesn't that gas go into the intake and would get burnt when you start up the engine?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
^ got pics of ur fuel setup?
Here's a recent pic..
3-2.jpg

Fore gear w/ twin walbros
Man that interest me the only thing is i am in New brunswick Canada and i need this for next friday!! Can you check if express from your place if it could be here by friday and what would be the $$ Shipp to E3N-2B1

thanks sir
I'm sorry, i'm traveling internationally and won't be avail until mid June..

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
I don't see why not, I know most people that blow a FRPS, and change it on the side of the road, don't change there on the road. A few miles couldn't hurt, JMO. No boost if it was me

Why do you need to change the oil after your FRPS blows? Mine put so little gas in the vacuum line I'm not even sure I could get a drop but had that wetness to it where I could see the sensor had blown. Even so doesn't that gas go into the intake and would get burnt when you start up the engine?

I realy cant answer the reason WHY, but that's what I read + i smell my oil dipstick and it kind of smell gaz. Rather not taking any chance

Thanks

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Here's a recent pic..
3-2.jpg

Fore gear w/ twin walbros

I'm sorry, i'm traveling internationally and won't be avail until mid June..

no Prob!!!! When you come back let me know I might take it from you and keep it as a spare. Let me know!!!! Sick engine bay you have there

Users who are viewing this thread