Another 10 sec. eaton in GA

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You sure your Cobra's race weight is correct? Unless you're a real big fella, that SRA, UPR K member kit, wheel/tire combo, and exhaust setup should drop you approximately 315 lbs. You running rear seats or "junk in the truck"?

I thought the same thing at first too! Sounded heavy for a tubular suspension/solid rear Cobra, especially with those light Bogarts! Congrats on the times man, it's always nice to see another Eaton in the 10's. :thumbsup:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Larry, if I put the procharger on my wife will have a hissy. I really need to get my 85 back on the road before I spend anymore money on the 03. I'll have the procharger on before the end of next year though and then we can have our friendly race:beer:

LOL! I understand that. What's the 85 setup?

Speed Demon

Established Member
The 85 is a factory GT T-Top car, it has stock bottom end with canfield heads, weiand stealth intake port matched to heads, demon 650 carb Holley black pump with -8 from tank to carb. U/D pulleys with electric fan. mac 1 3/4 in long tubes with 3 in mac prochamber, flowmaster 2 chambers with dumps, and a little b cam. 4 cylinder springs up front with eibach drag springs with air bag in right rear, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms, Koni shocks and struts, S&W 8 point cage, sub frame connectors. T-5 with Pro 5.0 shifter, spec clutch and flywheel, 373 gears. I've had it since 94 and its been sitting since 04 when I started really getting into the mod motor stuff. I'm gonna build a 331 for it and put a cam in it to get the heads working, they flow over 300 cfm @ 600 lift,do some more suspension work and maybe put a little gas on it. I'm gonna try and get it in the 10's too, best so far is 12.3 @113 only able to leave @ 4000 rpm any higher and it just blew the tires off. Oh, and its black too

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
The 85 is a factory GT T-Top car, it has stock bottom end with canfield heads, weiand stealth intake port matched to heads, demon 650 carb Holley black pump with -8 from tank to carb. U/D pulleys with electric fan. mac 1 3/4 in long tubes with 3 in mac prochamber, flowmaster 2 chambers with dumps, and a little b cam. 4 cylinder springs up front with eibach drag springs with air bag in right rear, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms, Koni shocks and struts, S&W 8 point cage, sub frame connectors. T-5 with Pro 5.0 shifter, spec clutch and flywheel, 373 gears. I've had it since 94 and its been sitting since 04 when I started really getting into the mod motor stuff. I'm gonna build a 331 for it and put a cam in it to get the heads working, they flow over 300 cfm @ 600 lift,do some more suspension work and maybe put a little gas on it. I'm gonna try and get it in the 10's too, best so far is 12.3 @113 only able to leave @ 4000 rpm any higher and it just blew the tires off. Oh, and its black too

That's cool. I had a similar setup a few years back. 342 w/canfields, victor jr, holley 750, comp cams xe282, tremec tko, built 8.8 w/4.10 gears, lightened up 2800 with me and with 8pt cage that ran 10.60's on motor. You'll like the extra torque from the 331.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread