Another 10 sec. eaton in GA

Speed Demon

Established Member
I went to the muscle car evolution race yesterday and finally hit the 10's with my unported eaton setup. The track was hooking hard all day and I was leaving @ 6750 off the limiter. Air was nice and cold and D.A. was in the negative pretty much all day. Here's a break down of the run
RT. .074
60' 1.446
330' 4.473
1/8 6.991
MPH 98.13
1000' 9.140
1/4 10.946 :rockon:
MPH 125.12
Race weight was 3660lbs,with me in it and about 1/4 tank of gas
My mods are stock Lightning Upper pulley with 4 lb Metco lower, UPR aux. idler, Reichard manual tensioner, BHJ balancer. Billetflow throttle body and plenum, JLT ram air, SCT BA 2600 MAF, Reichard blower spacer. LFP intercooler res., Afco single pass heat exchanger. Bassani mid lengths with custom xpipe and cat back with SLP LM1 mufflers. Gt pumps in the tank, Zone 5 moded FPDM, PPRV delete, -8 line form tank to rails, Fore fuel rails, 60 lb injectors. Centerforce DFX clutch, SPEC aluminum flywheel, Liberty 26 spline input, Mcleod bellhousing. UPR k member, contol arms, coil overs and caster/camber plates, QA 1 struts up front. Solid axle rear with 410's, Moser 31 spline axles and Detroit Tru Trac diff. UPR upper and lower control arms, UPR anti-roll bar, V6 springs, and Tokico blue shocks out back. Full length subframe connectors and Maximum Motorsports 6 point bolt in with swing out door bars. Tuned with Predator by Rick @ Amazon Tuning Solutions.
All runs were made on Bogart bolted Force 5's 15x3.5 up front with M/T front runners, 15x10 rears M/T 28x10.5 ET Drags.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Just add another one to the list^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ok, so tell me when did a 12 second pass become slow?? Back a few years ago a 12 second pass in a street car was good. Looks like if you dont run 11 sec or better no one pays attention. Good job on the 10s.:beer:

Speed Demon

Established Member
Sweet and Z thanks,
01 Cobra my car is black, everyone thinks my car is f8lsnakes/ Larry's, but mine has different wheels and stock seats in it

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Great job

Just add another one to the list^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ok, so tell me when did a 12 second pass become slow?? Back a few years ago a 12 second pass in a street car was good. Looks like if you dont run 11 sec or better no one pays attention. Good job on the 10s.:beer:

i know right? everytime i ran an 11.1 or 11.0 at full weight people would ask why? lol.

1.8t

Established Member
I saw that run....you were definitely rolling out with that launch. What kind of dyno numbers did she put down?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
60' 1.446
330' 4.473
1/8 6.991
MPH 98.13
1000' 9.140
1/4 10.946 :rockon:
MPH 125.12

Race weight was 3660lbs,with me in it and about 1/4 tank of gas.
Great job Speed Demon! That is indeed impressive.:beer: Phenomenal 60' time!

You sure your Cobra's race weight is correct? Unless you're a real big fella, that SRA, UPR K member kit, wheel/tire combo, and exhaust setup should drop you approximately 315 lbs. You running rear seats or "junk in the truck"?

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Great job Speed Demon! That is indeed impressive.:beer: Phenomenal 60' time!

You sure your Cobra's race weight is correct? Unless you're a real big fella, that SRA, UPR K member kit, wheel/tire combo, and exhaust setup should drop you approximately 315 lbs. You running rear seats or "junk in the truck"?

He weighed on the same scales as I do I would imagine at the track. Stock seats, MM rollbar, McCleod bell housing, subframe connectors all add a bunch of weight back.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
When they started putting blowers on cobras. Lol.:rockon:

I am talking about in general, not even Mustangs or Cobras. Now its not that it happens alot but the imports seem to be creeping into the low 13 high 12 area. I look back and think, hell when I ran my Fox thats what it did with some mods. The newer cars are hitting high 12s with ease. I just dont get it.

I ran low 12s with the Cobra and its a ho hum event.:sleeping:
I run high 11s and its like ok.:bored:

I am not out there for approval but makes me think things have changed so quickly on expectations of what makes a fast car.:thumbsup:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I am talking about in general, not even Mustangs or Cobras. Now its not that it happens alot but the imports seem to be creeping into the low 13 high 12 area. I look back and think, hell when I ran my Fox thats what it did with some mods. The newer cars are hitting high 12s with ease. I just dont get it.

I ran low 12s with the Cobra and its a ho hum event.:sleeping:
I run high 11s and its like ok.:bored:

I am not out there for approval but makes me think things have changed so quickly on expectations of what makes a fast car.:thumbsup:

Oh I agree with ya 100%. That was just my attempt at a joke.:poke: I know the times my car are running now in a completely streetable car that will knock down over 20mpg used to be what pro 5.0 cars ran in the late 80's and early 90's. I remember pitting next to LX Law(pro 5.0) in Atl. back in '90 I believe(yes you could pit that close to them then) and he only ran low 11's to high 10's. It's insane what the new technology is allowing us to do, but I love it.

Speed Demon

Established Member
thanks again to everyone.
1.8t it put down 458 hp and 496 ft.lbs on amazons mustang dyno
Iron Terp I am a pretty big fella 6'7" 250lbs but f8lsnake said it all, roll bar was just under 90 lbs, bellhousing is at least 30lbs and both stock front seats. I did remove the rear seat and spare tire but I left the mach amp rack and speakers in. gotta have my tunes while sitting in the staging lanes:coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread