Another 03 Cobra kill

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
???

A fairly modded 03-04 Cobra will be putting down close to 500 at the rear wheels.

In order to get what a STOCK 03/04 Cobra is putting down a 1999 typically needs a F/I unit.

Most 1999's with simple bolt ons are around 289 RWHP. A 2003/04 with simple bolt ons like catback, X and CAI are around 400-410 RWHP. Add a pulley which is a simple easy quick and cheap mod and that number gets up to 460 RWHP quite easily.

http://www.dynoperformance.com/sear...g+cobra&Final=1&Year=1999&Mods=&Submit=Search
My mids in sig I put down 312 to the wheels. Some 99-01 cobras have done 289 to the wheels bone stock! I am also saying a non-pullied 03-04 cobra. A bolt-on 99-01 cobra can easily hang with a lightly modded 03-04.

Last edited:

Black Venom 99

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Fairly modded Terminators run low-11s (properly driven). I have yet to see a bolt-on '99/'01 Cobra run those numbers. If you're going to run huge gears, slicks'n'skinnies, and pull weight, then the same has to go for the 03/04.
If the same goes for the 03 then give the 99/01 a supercharger. You have to give the 99/01 gears to help get into the powerband quicker, and also to help compensate for the 03/04's blower. Low 11's is not fairly modded. I am talking no pulley change with a few bolt-ons. I wanna see an 03/04 run low 11's with no pulley change, Bob Cosby has run that N/A with gears and slicks.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:
:lol: Fairly modded I'm meaning very mild boltons which many 03-04 Cobras out there have done and produced 500+HP with very minor boltons. A full bolton/no poweradder 99-01 Cobra aint gota prayer at hangin. Stopsign32 clearly has a bad arse car if he honestly shutdown a 500+HP car. Good kill dude. ;-)
I bet there was a pulley change. When I say a bolt-on 99-01 cobra hanging with a fairly modded 03-04 I am talking no pulley change. Trust me they can hang.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Non-pullied 03/04 is not fairly modded... that's light bolt-ons. Non-pullied 03/04 cars have been in the 11s with solid axles, though I'm not sure that anyone has matched Bob's old times. A 99/01 Cobra hanging with a 400-425rwhp 03/04 (non-pullied, CAI/Exh/Tune) would need mega-gear, weight reduction, slicks, and every bolt-on. The weight difference and gearing will help to make up a lot of the lost power. Both are great cars... they just take different approaches.

The blower comment is pure rice, just like all of the GM crowd that said the same for the F-body cars. The 99/01 runs higher compression, less weight, and steep gear (modded). The 03/04 runs low compression, more weight, and boost. Pick your poison.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
screaminr1 said:
:rolleyes: You tell us, your the one that posted those threads. Beside that, built motor doesn't make you faster. It just makes your motor stronger unless it's stroked like mine. :read: You really do have a chronic lieing problem. :loser:

he's not lieing, he's still trying to work the top secret street racer angle and not give up his true mods. in his previous posts, he says that he pulled the internals and they looked fine, so he kept them as backups. he added forged internals. now he's stating that he has a backup built motor--for what, more boost?
with all the money he's spent on his car he could have just afforded a real car, :poke: like an '03-'04 terminator.

kirks5oh said:
with all the money he's spent on his car he could have just afforded a real car, :poke: like an '03-'04 terminator.

Thats the stupidest comment. Maybe some people can't afford a Terminator. I sure as hell didn't want to make payments on my car, hence why I bought the 98. Maybe he got his 99 Cobra before the Terminators were released. Believe it or not there were Cobra's before the 03's :dw:

Last edited:

BLUBLLS

kirks5oh said:
he's not lieing, he's still trying to work the top secret street racer angle and not give up his true mods. in his previous posts, he says that he pulled the internals and they looked fine, so he kept them as backups. he added forged internals. now he's stating that he has a backup built motor--for what, more boost?

Wow, your last comment is fricken the dumbest thing ever :loser: Maybe you shouldn't have wasted so much money on some car that can't even do anything performance wise better than my 9k bike :poke: O ya then I could get a lightning with all the money I saved by not getting an 03/04 terminator :kaboom: :rolleyes:

By the way I love cobra's of all kinds. The 03/04 is simply badass. However, If I could choose a cobra for me it would be an 01 True blue with the only outside cues as to it not being stock would be a cobra rr hood, weld drag lites, and dr's with skinnes in the front. Under the hood would be a 4.6 stroked out and built to handle as much nitrous as I could throw at it. O ya, the IRS would be gone and it would hook like a mofo :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Black Venom 99 said:
My mids in sig I put down 312 to the wheels. Some 99-01 cobras have done 289 to the wheels bone stock! I am also saying a non-pullied 03-04 cobra. A bolt-on 99-01 cobra can easily hang with a lightly modded 03-04.
You're from Lemont IL?

Big Dummy.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Wow, your last comment is fricken the dumbest thing ever :loser: Maybe you shouldn't have wasted so much money on some car that can't even do anything performance wise better than my 9k bike :poke: O ya then I could get a lightning with all the money I saved by not getting an 03/04 terminator :kaboom: :rolleyes:

i thought it was a pretty funny comment myself, its called sarcasm. i don't think the price of an '03/'04 cobra is all that much, considering with only slight mods it will take down most stock performance vehicles 2-3 times the cost, and its a car with strong internals, etc that were built to handle the power.
i guess its all relative though, because i do think 9k is a bit much to ask for a donorcycle. donorcycles (and their drivers) do not perform well when they t-bone cars that pull out in front of them. i would never ride on a motorcycle.

screaminr1

Established Member
KwObAbY said:

By the way I love cobra's of all kinds. The 03/04 is simply badass. However, If I could choose a cobra for me it would be an 01 True blue with the only outside cues as to it not being stock would be a cobra rr hood, weld drag lites, and dr's with skinnes in the front. Under the hood would be a 4.6 stroked out and built to handle as much nitrous as I could throw at it. O ya, the IRS would be gone and it would hook like a mofo :beer:

Seriously, were not going to try to compare an 800lb motorcycle to a 3600lb car are we. :xpl: Besides that...no stock 04 zx10 is running mid 9's. :bored: This internet thing is full of wanna be's and flat out liars. I quit! :nonono:

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Good kill.

I love the way the Terminators get all bent out of shape when they get beat by a "99 Cobra".....you know the ones with the HP deficient motors.... I love it!

Naz
you think that is bad just wait till the gt500's hit the streets,

I'm glad i'm wearing my boots in here the BS is getting pretty deap i wouldn't even know where to start

First off guys if you believe anything he says about his car your the moron, second you call him stuck up or whatever when you guys are the ones on your high horse bitching about the gay and the curious, street racing can be done safely weather you guys want to believe it or not

lastly you talk about how "he would never post a kill if he was that serious into racing" ok and who says he was going full out? And i'd like to know how your going to tell me how fast his car is on the presice "car" measurment method

BLUBLLS

screaminr1 said:
Seriously, were not going to try to compare an 800lb motorcycle to a 3600lb car are we. :xpl: Besides that...no stock 04 zx10 is running mid 9's. :bored: This internet thing is full of wanna be's and flat out liars. I quit! :nonono:

Whoever said my bike is stock, but I guess if you want to call a full exhaust, geared, lowered, and strapped bike at the track stock go right ahead ;-) Also he was the one trying to compare the performance of an 03/04 cobra "a real car" to why a person would spend so much money on a different car. So, why spend that much on a car when you can get a bike for much cheaper and woop a car? :thumbsup: I didn't start the dumbass argueing over performance per dollar :poke:

Next time learn how to read before you make dumbass accusations, comprehension is your friend. He started the dumbass performance crap not me ;-)

Black Venom 99

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Non-pullied 03/04 is not fairly modded... that's light bolt-ons. Non-pullied 03/04 cars have been in the 11s with solid axles, though I'm not sure that anyone has matched Bob's old times. A 99/01 Cobra hanging with a 400-425rwhp 03/04 (non-pullied, CAI/Exh/Tune) would need mega-gear, weight reduction, slicks, and every bolt-on. The weight difference and gearing will help to make up a lot of the lost power. Both are great cars... they just take different approaches.

The blower comment is pure rice, just like all of the GM crowd that said the same for the F-body cars. The 99/01 runs higher compression, less weight, and steep gear (modded). The 03/04 runs low compression, more weight, and boost. Pick your poison.
You are right when you describe them and for the person to pick their poison. But I promise you I will hang easily with a non-puliied bolt-on 03-04 cobra. Now a pullied one, I will need solid axle(which I will be getting shortly) and slicks, then I can hang till 100-110 mph.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Black Venom 99 said:
You are right when you describe them and for the person to pick their poison. But I promise you I will hang easily with a non-puliied bolt-on 03-04 cobra. Now a pullied one, I will need solid axle(which I will be getting shortly) and slicks, then I can hang till 100-110 mph.
so you needed to modify yours to keep up :poke: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread