Annoying people at sporting events, movies, etc

19turbo95

Established Member
Every time the Chicago Cubs come into town to play the Colorado Rockies my family goes to the game. We are big Cubs fans. Seems like every sporting event or movie there has to be one person that has to ruin it. Tonight at the game these four guys were being obnoxious to the point you can't enjoy the game. At one point they were talking about each others nuts and servicing each other and couldn't go more than two words without cursing. The worst part one guy was from Texas and every two minutes had to yell go Rangers. I'm all about rooting for your team but your at a Rockies vs. Cubs game. Now there was a ton of kids around and people there to enjoy the game. My brother and dad finally told them to shut up but of course they had to keep rambling on. Seems like this happens every game I go to know matter if it's baseball, football, or basketball. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie where someone wasn't talking, on their phone, or kicking my chair. Do you guys run into these same problems? I think from now on Ill be watching the games on T.V. and waiting for movies to come on DVD.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like watching sports games on my tv at home but you cant beat the real thing.

There are jerks at every sporting event and you just cant do anything about it except hope you dont get sat next to them.

4a7191a

Established Member
Lol, I don't even watch the Astros anymore and there my favorite team. :( I hate it when people text during movies , sporting events serve beer and some people are naturally stupid and the booze amplifies the stupidity of them.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
This is exactly why I have a 70 inch LED and a dorm fridge full of adult beverages in our bedroom. No a-holes, kids or parents who refuse to discipline their kids to deal with. Plus, no traffic, expensive food, or long lines either!!

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
This is exactly why I have a 70 inch LED and a dorm fridge full of adult beverages in our bedroom. No a-holes, kids or parents who refuse to discipline their kids to deal with. Plus, no traffic, expensive food, or long lines either!!

I am with you. I would much rather be in my chair in front of my TV than putting up with other people's crap behavior. Now if the wife would quit talking to me.... :)

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

I guess you dont get the point of sports?

I like watching sports games on my tv at home but you cant beat the real thing.

There are jerks at every sporting event and you just cant do anything about it except hope you dont get sat next to them.

THIS

Go Astros!!

LOL

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Or going to a movie theater near the city on a Saturday night. The natives were throwing cups and popcorn, yo dawgin, cursing, holding conversations while the movie was playing. Never again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Allow beer at a sporting event and you will always have people drinking in excess, getting stupid obnoxious and ruining the day for others. Just something you have to expect and deal with. Most who are obnoxious are drunk. If it gets really bad, tell an usher and hopefully they will deal with it. Sometimes it is borderline and you have no choice but to try to make the best of it. Confronting a drunk is not likely to end well for either party. It's a shame that people can't stop drinking when they need to, and just plain respect the rights of others to enjoy the game. Especially when it affects families with kids. This is why I rarely go to a live baseball game. I've yet to go to one where obnoxious drunks around me didn't ruin the day. Watching it from my 64" plasma is much more relaxing and enjoyable. But there is that special element of being at a live event.

mcdover

Established Member
As an Auburn fan who lives in a small town in the South, I can say I rarely experience this type of behavior. Sure an occasional idiot attempts to show his ass, but it is quickly dealt with and definitely not tolerated. The morals and ethics of your community generally determine the odds that this kind of crap is the norm. BTW, I don't go to the movies in a majority of the areas of Montgomery or Birmingham, AL for this very reason.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
That's live sports, it comes with the territory. If you want to watch the game in silence, then stay home.

mcdover

Established Member
That's live sports, it comes with the territory. If you want to watch the game in silence, then stay home.

So, you are ok with bringing your wife and two small kids to a place where four nearby drunks spend their time at the game cursing the entire time and debating the benefits of felating each other? It's one thing to loudly cheer your team, it's a whole other thing to turn a sporting event into a x-rated outing.

mcdover

Established Member
Or go to the events that have those suites you can rent.

So if I don't want my 7 year old hearing language and discussion that, if in a movie, would garner an R rating, I should just shell out $$$$ for a private suite?

19turbo95

Established Member
Cubs vs. Rockies and there weren't some empty seats to migrate to?

Not the area we were in. There was 13 of us and when the Cubs are in town they fill the seats pretty good.

So, you are ok with bringing your wife and two small kids to a place where four nearby drunks spend their time at the game cursing the entire time and debating the benefits of felating each other? It's one thing to loudly cheer your team, it's a whole other thing to turn a sporting event into a x-rated outing.

Exactly. Rooting for your team and saying Cubs suck is cool. That's what makes it fun but the stuff some of these people talk about is crazy and disturbing.

I think the problem with some of these sporting events is people get free or cheap tickets and go for social time and just something to do.

19turbo95

Established Member

Not saying everyone has to be silent through the game. It's About being respectful of people and especially kids. I don't care to hear about a chick who slept with two other guys at a party and how she may be pregnant but doesn't know who the dad is or shit like that. And this was on conversation that was blaring in my ear on Fridays game .

Users who are viewing this thread