And who said they didnt come in black

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Well since they didnt make a black vert i had to have my own made.
i found a silver vert on Craigslist for 10.00 and took it to an airbrush artist after being told 300.00 at a auto body shop.:eek:
10.00 for car
60.00 for paint and 4 hours time ( he did a lot of taping)
-----
70.00 for a one of a kind black vert

Before

SDC10834.jpg

and after

SDC10837.jpg

what do you think?

Last edited:

MikeSop

Established Member
thats tits... Where'd you buy the silver vert from? I want one! Wonder if I could make a lightbar to put on one...

guitar1118

Established Member
On E-bay right now under "maisto cobras" there are red and silver verts available, also lots of black and red coupes, you will probably spend $40.00 plus though to aquire one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Came out really nice, although there are probably more black convertibles out there. It is fairly common for people to buy these and repaint them to match their own Cobras. Someone here even did a Mystichrome! It actually isn't difficult to disassemble the car to repaint. Enjoy it. Man, can't believe the auto shop wanted $300. Then again.....LOL!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Came out really nice, although there are probably more black convertibles out there. It is fairly common for people to buy these and repaint them to match their own Cobras. Someone here even did a Mystichrome! It actually isn't difficult to disassemble the car to repaint. Enjoy it. Man, can't believe the auto shop wanted $300. Then again.....LOL!

Even better, the shop was probably saying "did a guy really just come in and ask us to paint his model car..?"

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Huh, oh well. I searched and searched and never found a black vert. Did find a ton of black coups though. Godstang where did you get wheels? Looks nice.

Users who are viewing this thread