And who said they didnt come in black

black 10th vert

Established Member
That's cool. They didn't make any 10th anniversary, did they? :shrug:

no anniversary models were made.

Godstang, do you know a source for those black verts? I want one, and have thought about painting one of my "other" color verts, but obviosly a factory painted would be better because of the cobra "emblems" (stickers). If anyone happens to have one, hit me up, because I have several other colors I would trade, or just buy it outright!

GodStang

Established Member
Huh, oh well. I searched and searched and never found a black vert. Did find a ton of black coups though. Godstang where did you get wheels? Looks nice.

Those are not mine. I am not sure where the wheels came from.

Godstang, do you know a source for those black verts? I want one, and have thought about painting one of my "other" color verts, but obviosly a factory painted would be better because of the cobra "emblems" (stickers). If anyone happens to have one, hit me up, because I have several other colors I would trade, or just buy it outright!

I want to say I use to see them at walmart about 5 years ago. The problem is I do not think any of these are made anymore and the ones that were were only made for certain stores. If I remember the Sonic Blue Coupe was made to sell only at Costco. If you do not have a costco in your area you had to buy it used. Also I am not sure if they have sold those models in 3 to 4 years. One guy has a picture of all the Cobra Models made and there was like 12 to 15 different ones made.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Those are not mine. I am not sure where the wheels came from.

I want to say I use to see them at walmart about 5 years ago. The problem is I do not think any of these are made anymore and the ones that were were only made for certain stores. If I remember the Sonic Blue Coupe was made to sell only at Costco. If you do not have a costco in your area you had to buy it used. Also I am not sure if they have sold those models in 3 to 4 years. One guy has a picture of all the Cobra Models made and there was like 12 to 15 different ones made.

yeah, most of mine were bought at Costco a couple of years back. Never saw a black version, there, though.:(

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
As far as I know they did NOT make ANY black 03 or 04. Verts. Please post a link as to where to buy one. The one godstang posted is the only black vert. that comes up on Google, so I am guessing it is a custom also so please help the other people looking for them and post a link. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend.

mrose75

Established Member
No verts in my collection, but I picked the two Terminators up on eBay a few years back. The Cobra R came from a KB Toystore IIRC.

efdb2dab.jpg

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member

X2! !!! i want one too& going to have the seats air brushed red!

VtekII

Established Member
i have a black coupe and a redfire vert... found 2 redfire verts at the big antique store here not to long ago... keep an eye out at craftshows, people here always have them.

black 10th vert

Established Member
That is the big problem with re-painting these. The emblems are just tiny decals, so you lose that detail. The side emblems don't bother me as much as the seat ones, though. To do the inserts red, you would lose those stickers too. anyone know a source for these small decals? I doubt you could scrape them off and re-use the ones that come on the model. Maybe some vinyl guy could make a whole sheet of them and someone could just sell sections of the sheet as "sets" to replace them when the car is painted.

On a side note... does anyone know of any 1:18 scale models with TF Chicane style rims? I would buy another model just to use them, if I could find some with the correct style and scale.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Here's one I did of our shop car a few years ago with TF wheels on it

GR40cobra118001.jpg

Real car for reference
grcobra2081.jpg

I bought one of the Guldstrand Corvettes and pulled the wheels and tires off it, painted the centers gloss black and the outer lips satin as a wheel idea for Mark. THEN he ordered the wheels for the car...LOL

Sams Clubs still have the Corvettes with these wheels on them. One is two tone gold/blue with gold wheels and the other is dark blue with chrome wheels. They are the only ones I saw close to TF wheels. They were made by Maisto also.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Here's one I did of our shop car a few years ago with TF wheels on it

GR40cobra118001.jpg

Real car for reference
grcobra2081.jpg

I bought one of the Guldstrand Corvettes and pulled the wheels and tires off it, painted the centers gloss black and the outer lips satin as a wheel idea for Mark. THEN he ordered the wheels for the car...LOL

Sams Clubs still have the Corvettes with these wheels on them. One is two tone gold/blue with gold wheels and the other is dark blue with chrome wheels. They are the only ones I saw close to TF wheels. They were made by Maisto also.

Wow, thanks for that tip. Unfortunately we have BJ's, and Costco locally, but no Sam's. If you see one of the dark blue, with chrome wheels (I have the fully polished Chicanes, so the chrome would be perfect;-)), could you buy it for me? I would gladly reimburse you for cost, shipping, etc.

Brian

black 10th vert

Established Member
thanks for posting that link! Hard to see the detail in the picture (at least on my netbook, anyway). I am not in a big hurry, but will let you know if I end up getting this one.:beer:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
they are the exact same wheels and tires as on the GR40 Cobra I did and they;re the closest to TF Chicanes in scale as I have ever seen. I normally build 1/24 scale plastic stuff but I just had to make a copy of our car when i saw the Cobra in DSG...There is a scale forums board for diecast too that I can get you the address for that you can probably buy just the wheels off someone. Check GMP Diecast for separate wheel & tire sets too~

Users who are viewing this thread