And the winner is.....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
ME....... I purchased ChaseH silver convertible.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1105131-AZ-2003-Cobra-Silver-Convertible-16-000

I picked the car up this weekend. The car is exactly as described and It is also very nice to drive. I have a coupe with a Spec stage 3 clutch and it takes some effort to press the pedal, but not with this car.

I cleaned it up from the drive back home yesterday and took it to get the Texas state inspection. Passed with no problems. I'm VERY happy with the car. Thanks to ChaseH for such a smooth transaction and for describing everything about the car.

Now I'm off to go cruising with the top down :banana:

20160410_124838_zpsxiyg8xi4.jpg

20160410_124850_zpszhfvfjxu.jpg

20160411_143330_zpsqluq0yfw.jpg

20160411_143719_zps1katelvw.jpg

20160411_143649_zpsbkc6sp2q.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well, after getting her all cleaned up the first thing I decided to tackle was the seats. They had that "pile" up. I did some research here and found that you could actually use sand paper to get it off. So, I used 600 grit to start and then used 1000 grit to polish it off. It's not perfect, but it looks WAY better now. Thank God for people around here. I NEVER would have thought to use sand paper on my seats, but it worked like a charm!!!

Before:
20160414_181444_zpsvxi130up.jpg

20160414_181453_zpsryopfhbf.jpg

20160414_183904_zpsew2pak3j.jpg

After:
20160414_183924_zps99r4n33u.jpg

20160414_183936_zpsmd0hkqel.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sandpaper trick does work well. Your seats look a lot better now. Congratulations on buying ChaseH's Cobra. It's a good looking car. Stance is perfect. Looks really nice with the top down. :rockon:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ That's on the list. I showed my wife a picture of a Cobra with the light bar and immediately got the approval for the purchase LOL.

However, the brakes are squeaking a little. So, I'm going to change the rotors/pads and paint the calipers first. I'm going to change all the fluids and buy a few interior pieces that are a little wore out (i.e. door lock and window switches). Then lastly I'm going to repaint it. Chase said the car was in an accident before he got it and you can tell the car was repainted once before as the clear is not shinny at all. So, that will need to be addressed.

I'm also going to buy another under hood liner as the one that's on there is looking its age. Once I'm done the car should be back to her former glory.

And yes, as I do the work I will be posting pictures in this thread.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I also flushed the brake system and cleaned up my wheel wells:

Brake fluid looking pretty sad

Vert%2046_zpslxsdocot.jpg

Rear wheel wells (after cleaning)

Vert%2054_zps4rgazqjt.jpg

Vert%2055_zps6xmduwhv.jpg

Rear wheel wells (after spraying under coating)

Vert%2052_zpsuwd9bqky.jpg

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
What under coating did you use on the rear wells? Looks good in the picture. How does it compare to the factory finish?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
What under coating did you use on the rear wells? Looks good in the picture. How does it compare to the factory finish?

I used the duplicolor rubberized coating. I purchased a couple cans from Pep Boys. I used it on my coupe before. It holds up well and if something happens it will be easy for me to touch up or reapply. I think it is comparable to the factory finish, but I got both my Cobras used, so I do not know exactly how the factory finish looked. I think this looks close to what was on there before I power washed it. I'm happy with the way it came out.

Thanks for the compliment.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
^^^ That's on the list. I showed my wife a picture of a Cobra with the light bar and immediately got the approval for the purchase LOL.

However, the brakes are squeaking a little. So, I'm going to change the rotors/pads and paint the calipers first. I'm going to change all the fluids and buy a few interior pieces that are a little wore out (i.e. door lock and window switches). Then lastly I'm going to repaint it. Chase said the car was in an accident before he got it and you can tell the car was repainted once before as the clear is not shinny at all. So, that will need to be addressed.

I'm also going to buy another under hood liner as the one that's on there is looking its age. Once I'm done the car should be back to her former glory.

And yes, as I do the work I will be posting pictures in this thread.

Yes definitely do the Lightbar over the standard styling bar. Take your time when you install so your holes are precise. It's sort of a pain in the ass and was nerve wracking for me cutting holes into my 13k mileage interior. :)

Also, how did you paint your calipers? Just with patience and a steady hand?

Users who are viewing this thread