Amsoil AZF 0W-40 Anyone?

GrabUblue

Established Member
Is anyone using this yet? Thoughts? I used the SS 5-30 in my gt with great results. Boss is due for an oil change soon.

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
Not sure why anyone would deviate from the Ford recommended 5W-50 weight for Boss engines?

In spite of what Amsoil dealer propaganda may say, I'd go out on a limb and say the Ford engineers were probably a little more familiar with Boss engine oil requirements when they spec'd 5W-50.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Because motorcraft 5w-50 shears to 30 very quickly. :read:

You can run 5w-30 or 0w-40. The NON track pack gts run 5w-30 however the track pack ones say 5w-50..... so the added oil cooler changed the oil spec? No it's because ford knows motorcraft shears and TP owners are likely to take it to a track so they change the spec.

BTW its not "propaganda" its from blackstone oil analysis data. Again the recommended oil is based upon fords oil.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I've been running it for a while now in the 2014 GT500. It is solid stuff. No issues.

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
^ Because motorcraft 5w-50 shears to 30 very quickly. :read:

You can run 5w-30 or 0w-40. The NON track pack gts run 5w-30 however the track pack ones say 5w-50..... so the added oil cooler changed the oil spec? No it's because ford knows motorcraft shears and TP owners are likely to take it to a track so they change the spec.

BTW its not "propaganda" its from blackstone oil analysis data. Again the recommended oil is based upon fords oil.

Viscosity shear data doesn't fully justify going to a lighter weight oil.

So, what do you tell the Ford dealer when you drop off your still-under-warranty Boss with a blown engine and they ask you what oil you were running?

I'd like to hear whether Ford honors their Boss or Track Pack engine warranties when owners run rogue oil weights based on an Amsoil dealer recommendation, because I know Amsoil won't pay for that engine.

FKing1

Established Member
How can anyone tell what kind of oil it is by looking at it?
If you are dumb enough to tell the Dealer it is Ampsoil then shame on you.

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
How can anyone tell what kind of oil it is by looking at it?
If you are dumb enough to tell the Dealer it is Ampsoil then shame on you.

"If you are dumb enough to brag about using Amsoil in non-factory recommended weights on public forums then shame on you." FIFY

el jefe 302

Established Member
"If you are dumb enough to brag about using Amsoil in non-factory recommended weights on public forums then shame on you." FIFY

I have a crazy thought.... don't click on threads that are discussing non factory oils. You use what you want to use and we will use what we want.
BTW no one is bragging... some people just want to use good oil. :beer:

It appears you clicked into this thread to cause issues. This is SVTP... 95% of people here deviate from the factory recommendations.
EDIT: Hey what do you know.. looks like you're one of them.
Those caliper brackets worked out great on my Boss. My only regret is settling for the el cheapo $35 rotors from Rock Auto since they're starting to oxidize (rust) in the hub/hat areas.
Do you think ford recommends using those rotors? I'd go out on a limb and say the Ford engineers were probably a little more familiar with Boss braking requirements when they spec'd the rotor size...
I'm not trying to slam you but seems like you need to give the high horse routine a rest. :beer:

Good Day Sir.

Last edited:

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
I have a crazy thought.... don't click on threads that are discussing non factory oils. You use what you want to use and we will use what we want.
BTW no one is bragging... some people just want to use good oil. :beer:

It appears you clicked into this thread to cause issues. This is SVTP... 95% of people here deviate from the factory recommendations.
EDIT: Hey what do you know.. looks like you're one of them.

Do you think ford recommends using those rotors? I'd go out on a limb and say the Ford engineers were probably a little more familiar with Boss braking requirements when they spec'd the rotor size...
I'm not trying to slam you but seems like you need to give the high horse routine a rest. :beer:

Good Day Sir.

Upgrading to bigger brakes is self-explanatory; but changing to 0W-40 oil is questionable at best. I'm not trying to slam anyone either but what do you honestly expect to gain from running 0W-40 oil? What are the benefits?

If you're selling Amsoil, that cool; everyone needs to make a living. And if that's the case, then why not recommend the proper weight Amsoil 5W-50 for Boss and Track Pack owners?

el jefe 302

Established Member
I'm not a amsoil dealer lol.

Motorcraft oil isn't top tier, so by using a top tier oil (not just amsoil) you gain superior protection with extended drain intervals. I do two oil changes a year instead of four.
On this site we have several members turn in their blackstone reports, a thread was made to display that: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?805918-Official-GT-5-0-Boss-302-UOA-thread

If you look at the above data you can see some oils are sub-par. I'm not pushing product but the OPs question was about amsoil 0W-40 and the data says it's more then fine to run.

Last edited:

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Long thread but I did see where the OP (UnleashedBeast) in post #626 (05-27-2015, 02:19 PM) recommended Amsoil AZF 0W-40 for street use only and staying with 5W-50 for track use:

Quote Originally Posted by jsip View Post

"Beast, I noticed you mentioned 5w50 for the Track Packs - I'm not sure I need that much if I'm not tracking the car - would you recommend the switch or keep with 5w30?

If you are closed course tracking this car in extreme heat, driving at near redline like a pro.....yes, absolutely. However, for street use, compromise for Amsoil's new AZF 0W-40. It was formulated for the new Hellcat and Nissan GTR."

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I run Mobile One 5W-50 in mine with zero issues and no ticking. Get it cheap on Amazon delivered. Works for me.

FKing1

Established Member
Just a small rant.
Changed to Amsoil 5W50 today.
isn't it fun getting the Motorcraft oil filter off?
Won't have prob again as replaced with K&N. 1" box wrench does the job.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Just a small rant.
Changed to Amsoil 5W50 today.
isn't it fun getting the Motorcraft oil filter off?
Won't have prob again as replaced with K&N. 1" box wrench does the job.

I just changed my oil yesterday and had no problem. There is enough room to reach up and spin it off, but it will make quite a mess so I put a piece of cardboard under it and make like a funnel for the oil to follow down to the drip pan.

Users who are viewing this thread