American Racing Headers with BOSS side exhaust?

nota4re

Established Member
I seriously doubt that the spark plug fouler trick will work on the Boss.... and for sure, the catted AR system WILL toss a catalytic efficiency code on the OEM tune.

isrboss

Established Member
Because a lot of exhaust companies use the same parts in different systems with cats and without. Also, using nonfoulers will not work 100% of the time.
Maybe, maybe not, I can say that I have run non foulers on OBDII cars in the past with no issues, even catless. The Boss is still OBDII, right? Some have told me if you can find a safe way to leave the second 02's completely out of the exhaust,and plug the 02 bung. Never tried it but it did makes sense, it would just show great cat efficiency.

Here is the way I used the non foulers, and worked for me.
DefoulerInstalled.jpg

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
One of our customer's with a 12 BOSS and a D1 has these headers and says it sounds awesome.

* On a side note, we were able to make a Saftey loop work with the headers too. Info to come soon.

kbroush

Established Member
I was thinking of running the stainless works retro chambered cat back with the catless version arh headers. I'm just afraid it would be too loud.

guarnibl

Established Member
I have heard that American Racing Headers makes a BOSS specific long tube header and mid pipe package to work witht he quad exhaust. I have been on their website and every other mustang vendors website and have not seen these. Does anyone have any more information on these and/or experience witht them? I love the quality and fact that ford racing uses ARH on the cobra jet mustangs so I would be very interested in these. Thanks!

I'm installing full Kooks exhaust front to back :

Kooks Long Tube Headers 1 7/8"
Mid Pipe (H pipe) catted
Side Pipes
Cat Back 3" pipes.

Should be freaking stupid awesome. Better be for over $2,000 :) Will post up a video soon.

snkbyter

Established Member
I'm installing full Kooks exhaust front to back :

Kooks Long Tube Headers 1 7/8"
Mid Pipe (H pipe) catted
Side Pipes
Cat Back 3" pipes.

Should be freaking stupid awesome. Better be for over $2,000 :) Will post up a video soon.

This is the setup I'm looking to do on mine. Let us know how it turns out!

Rebel302

Established Member
A full kooks exhaust would probably sound pretty good as well!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to install my ARH/SW setup before I had to get back the plane. It will be a few more months before I get back to do it...I'm surprised there hasn't been anyone else to take the plunge yet :shrug:

cloud9

Established Member
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to install my ARH/SW setup before I had to get back the plane. It will be a few more months before I get back to do it...I'm surprised there hasn't been anyone else to take the plunge yet :shrug:

I have the Kooks 1-7/8" LTs and offroad H-pipe in route. The LTs are making a stop at Swaintech for coating on the way. I'm hoping to have this installed sometime in January......not that it matters since it won't thaw up here until at least March :nonono: I am sticking with my Corsa Extreme axle backs for now. We're hoping that the coating (which is supposedly pretty thick) and the mufflers keep it semi-streetable :lol:

snkbyter

Established Member

I am on chat with Lethal Performance now getting quoted for a full Kooks exhaust including the side pipes. If jump on it then I will do a before and after video for everyone

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are now carrying the ARH setups as well!

Stainless works is on sale for 15% off and free shipping til the end of the month on the retro cat backs.

Beef

Users who are viewing this thread