American Racing Headers with BOSS side exhaust?

kbroush

Established Member
I have heard that American Racing Headers makes a BOSS specific long tube header and mid pipe package to work witht he quad exhaust. I have been on their website and every other mustang vendors website and have not seen these. Does anyone have any more information on these and/or experience witht them? I love the quality and fact that ford racing uses ARH on the cobra jet mustangs so I would be very interested in these. Thanks!

Rebel302

Established Member
I wonder how it sounds? :dw:

I was planning on Kooks headers/Boss H-pipe but I wonder.....

Its $1740 w/cats and $1620 w/o....so its not far off from Kooks header/h-pipe setup....Think I might roll with it :rockon:

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We sell the ARH set-up with the side pipe hook ups, free shipping as well. The kits are $1740.90 shipped with cats and $1620.90 shipped without cats.

They are up on our site, but it won't be updated until tomorrow morning if you want to order online. Here is a picture of the set-up...

uRUYi.jpg

Give us a call if you have questions or if you want to place an order.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Thanks Lethal! I also wonder how this would sound with no cats. With the attenuation discs you could probably make it sounds pretty good. Might be too loud without them.

Rebel302

Established Member
Thanks Lethal! I also wonder how this would sound with no cats. With the attenuation discs you could probably make it sounds pretty good. Might be too loud without them.

scratchchin.gif
I'm gonna use QTP cutouts no matter what, but I don't doubt one bit it will be crazy(just like I like it) with the Corsa Xtremes I'm planning to pair it with
good_and_evil.gif

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
scratchchin.gif
I'm gonna use QTP cutouts no matter what, but I don't doubt one bit it will be crazy(just like I like it) with the Corsa Xtremes I'm planning to pair it with
good_and_evil.gif

I've been looking at the corsa extremes also! From what I have heard it sounds really good.

kbroush

Established Member
i wonder if the arh system will throw codes.

If you get the system with cats I hear its hit or miss. Of course if you get the off road version like I plan on getting I will be using a custom tune so it will not throw a code. I plan on buying this kit in about three weeks. I'm just saving my pennies right now.

Rebel302

Established Member
The only problem is lack of over axle pipes to match the Corsa since its only axle back. JPC and Borla make them, but how is the matchup going to be with this and the Corsa? This is 3", the JPC over axle is 2 3/4 I think, and the Corsa is....?

kbroush

Established Member
The only problem is lack of over axle pipes to match the Corsa since its only axle back. JPC and Borla make them, but how is the matchup going to be with this and the Corsa? This is 3", the JPC over axle is 2 3/4 I think, and the Corsa is....?

I am assuming the ARH system downsizes to 2 3/4 inch like most other systems to occomodate the factory cat back exhaust. I would like to have a full 3 inch exhaust all the way to the tips if I could.

Rebel302

Established Member
I am assuming the ARH system downsizes to 2 3/4 inch like most other systems to occomodate the factory cat back exhaust. I would like to have a full 3 inch exhaust all the way to the tips if I could.

Could be...but I've changed my mind about the Corsa. After listening to some more clips, I'm gonna go with Stainless Works Retro(#M12CB3). That is definitely the sound I am trying to hear. Plus its a 3" cat-back, so that solves the issue of over axle pipes. I sent them a message though, Just to make sure it would mate up

2011 5.0L Mustang GT Stainless Works Exhaust - YouTube

Last edited:

cloud9

Established Member
If you get the system with cats I hear its hit or miss. Of course if you get the off road version like I plan on getting I will be using a custom tune so it will not throw a code. I plan on buying this kit in about three weeks. I'm just saving my pennies right now.
Who's doing the tune for you?

Rebel302

Established Member
I have mine sitting in the garage with the SW Retro catback. I bought the catted version along with delete pipes so I can put the cats on if need be. I will be home this weekend on R&R, so I will try to have it installed and see what the deal is....stay tuned

isrboss

Established Member
i wonder if the arh system will throw codes.

There is a strong chance it will throw a code, but should be easy to solve that with simple non foulers bought at local auto parts store. The trick is to get the o2 out of the exhaust stream.

I don't know why these company's don't just design the after cat o2 bung so it sits out of the exhaust stream. It would be very simple for them and you could even go catless without throwing codes.

idhitit

Established Member
There is a strong chance it will throw a code, but should be easy to solve that with simple non foulers bought at local auto parts store. The trick is to get the o2 out of the exhaust stream.

I don't know why these company's don't just design the after cat o2 bung so it sits out of the exhaust stream. It would be very simple for them and you could even go catless without throwing codes.

I googled this and holychit it could have saved me a bunch of time and hassle when I couldnt get my 09 shelby to pass smog. I am going to try this if all else fails im out like 5 bucks and some time. Thanks!

bpmurr

Established Member
Just so you guys know ARH will make a H-Pipe version for you as well. I talked with them at Carlisle and they said making a H-Pipe version wasn't a problem.

Last edited:

flyby763

Established Member

Because a lot of exhaust companies use the same parts in different systems with cats and without. Also, using nonfoulers will not work 100% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread