American Muscle Drag Day IV - We're a go!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
One more question, I see they are NHRA. Are they strict about the 12.0 cage rule?

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Lebanon lets you race side by side. NED doesn't when you rent the track. I went to the first one last year it was a good time, definetly a hike though.

Chris Yates

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get an email notification saying the thread was updated...

Why Leb Valley? Because they allow side by side racing. When racing against your friends it's the only way to go! They've also been pretty good to us in the past. This must be the 10th time we've had a private rental. As of late we've gone with the "American Muscle" theme. As for the distance, that's 1/2 the fun. We have a good size caravan that meets around 90/495 and drive out. I think only a couple folks got tickets last time ; o

The atmosphere is VERY relaxed. Many bring grills and BBQ for lunch. In the past I've made upwards of 35 runs and that was taking my time. With 80 to 100 cars and 6 hours of track time you can literally make as many runs as you want.

MHRA - These guys are just renting the track with us. Usually is about 25 guys in total. The cool part is they run a heads up class you can run in for $5. I took 2nd place last fall, worth a $50 gift certificate.

Cage - Ha! What cage! In the past they've been very relaxed when it comes to the standard rules. I've seen many a vert running in the 12s and many a coupe running in the 11s.

Let me know if you have any more questions. As in the past you must preregister and space is limited.

Thanks,

Chris Yates
96 Kobra

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'm looking to run a 10.9 without a cage. I know I can nail down low 11s. I wasn't sure how many times they would let me run low 11s without getting booted.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I'm looking to run a 10.9 without a cage. I know I can nail down low 11s. I wasn't sure how many times they would let me run low 11s without getting booted.
dude who cares if you get booted!!!that would be the coolest thing in the world!:beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Rumor has it NHRA lowered the no cage time to 11.40 That's pretty sweet.

Chris, Is this event really on a friday?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Chris, Is this event really on a friday?

im with mike..friday??? wtf?? id be all over sat! but to go..i have to work!

Chris Yates

Established Member
Yes, the rental is on a Friday. We can't rent a Saturday so that's off the list. This is something like the 10th time we've rented the track and it's always on a Friday. It's out only choice for a private rental. The private rental is preferred because we can say who gets to race and who doesn't (hence the American Muscle theme). It's a casual/relaxed day with more than enough time to make tons of runs. More than once I've made 30+ runs and that was taking my time. It's also one of the few time you can line up against your friends all day long. As a bonus the cruise out the Pike is entertaining...

BTW - The registration list is now up and can be found here:
http://www.svtoa.org/events_dd_spring_04_info.php

Thanks,

Chris Yates
Activities Director
SVTOA Boston/New England
96 Kobra

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
well friday would be ok just have to not sleep for 48hrs
its a little early to get out there. where would you guys meet to run out there

Chris Yates

Established Member
lightninmike,

FYI - The $$ is per driver so if you were to tow something up with the Lighting you can run them both for one entry fee.

Thanks,

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
well friday would be ok just have to not sleep for 48hrs
its a little early to get out there. where would you guys meet to run out there

On the Mass Pike.

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 147.07 miles.

After we meet it (if you come) we would have another 105mile drive.

DIRECTIONS FROM CRANSTON

11 spaces left!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread