American Muscle Car runs 11.9

95PGTTech

Established Member
First off comparing when we ran our car (July Summer Heat) and they ran their's (Crisp Fall Air) is about 40 degrees in temperature, which is about 3 Tenths.

If you're so into drag racing, you should know the rules about woulda/coulda/shoulda. Maybe in the crisp fall air your make-the-biggest-internet-numbers and on-the-edge tune would have leaned out and blown your junk up.

I wouldn't call lowering Springs and a Panhard Bar Key suspension components for drag racing a car.

So you're saying you guys sell and install parts on cars you don't believe will work?

Since 2004 we have NEVER blown up any engines on shop cars or customer cars... (Knock On Wood)

...that you'll admit to on the open internet.

kingnut

Established Member
Manuals are just as fast and 11.9 isn't out of the norm for the mods. My car is a M6 with 3.73's and mods are JLT intake, tune and O/R-X and I just went 11.72 this past Friday. This was only my second outing with the car so I'm hoping the next time out it'll go 11.5 or better.

what part of NC you in man?

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Very slick and thats quick but one American Car has already ran 10's with one mod. Back in 2006 a C6 Z06 ran 10.78 on drag radials only & 11.05 showroom stock

wazslow

Established Member
Very slick and thats quick but one American Car has already ran 10's with one mod. Back in 2006 a C6 Z06 ran 10.78 on drag radials only & 11.05 showroom stock

Yes a $70,000 car ran a high 10. And? You can get a Mustang GT for $28,000.

I traded in my 2009 C6 for my 2011 Mustang GT, I would take the Mustang any day! I didnt like the vette.

95PGTTech

Established Member

In 1993 the Ferrari 333SP ran 11.3 showroom stock with only 4 liters. But my comparing a V12, hand-built, wind-tunnel-tested, prototype racecar that revs past 10K rpms and was derived from F1 engines is as stupid as you comparing a 2006 Z06 to a 2001 MGT.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yes a $70,000 car ran a high 10. And? You can get a Mustang GT for $28,000.

I traded in my 2009 C6 for my 2011 Mustang GT, I would take the Mustang any day! I didnt like the vette.

Well the vette is 100's # lighter and yes more expensive. I am really impressed compared to the 03 the fit, finish and interior (w 401a) the 11 is. It's like hi tech vs caveman. But anyway you slice it a hi 10 is good but that was what I remember one guy on one day on a east coast track. We will see how mine picks up. I did a best though not perfect a 13.11 @ 109.5 w bone stock auto w tires. I'll let you guys know what a bama tune does. I also have a or/x and will get the jlt.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member

In 1993 the Ferrari 333SP ran 11.3 showroom stock with only 4 liters. But my comparing a V12, hand-built, wind-tunnel-tested, prototype racecar that revs past 10K rpms and was derived from F1 engines is as stupid as you comparing a 2006 Z06 to a 2001 MGT.

I thought the thread was about the company American Muscle that ran a 11.9 with there 2011 mustang gt and not "an American muscle car" :shrug:

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
re-read my post.
then, maybe, you will get it.
perhaps not.

I misread your post.... I just don't understand why people are posting other American made cars that were faster with minimum mods, when the OP was talking about the company named American Muscle that ran an 11.9 :??:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Especially, Linn - that's an honor!

We're not finished with the car just yet, either! :banana:

Congrats on the accomplishments so far with the car. It must be somethin' since your "neighbors" in Aston are so gigged to chime in....

Schoolgirl tactics FTL! :loser::nono:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Still nobody has really touched on my questions of why this car runs harder than anyone else's. Is it the tune? Gears? or the type of cai? Iam sure weather had something to do with it but the way it looks right now to me is that you dont need headers.

To answer your question, I don't believe there is anything special about it.

A bunch of guys on the forums have run 11s in the auto cars with 4.10s and nothing other than a tune and maybe some sticky tires. Our car went 12.33s in summer heat with stock 3.15s, DRs, and my tune. The 4.10s drop the 60ft about a tenth (thats 2 tenths in the 1/4) and get you better acceleration down the 1/4 mi, so they are just the little push most cars need to run 11s.

DIB5.0

Established Member
We should have a tuner shoot out. Each tuner gets an auto with the exact same mods and then put their tune on it and see how much of a difference there really is in their tune.
King of the Track!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
the same car with the same driver for each tuner? that is the only way the variables would be constant

you should start a new thread about this idea.. so it doesnt derail this one and see what kind of discussion arises

AMChrisRose

Keeping the intake air temp / coolant temp consistent, making sure that the track is prepped the same, tire pressure are the same, same driver, same launch, etc. It's tough, I'm sure it could be done, though...

At the end of the day, 90% of the passes will be within a 10th more than likely.

Users who are viewing this thread