American Iron Coyote Cobra Swap

LeCinqLitre

Established Member
Do you have any pics of the swap? I'm having trouble finding any write-ups online, also did you upgrade to the stock GT oil pump or aftermarket with billet gears?

xtort

Established Member
I still need to go through and find all of my pictures - I've been pretty lazy.

I used a stock Ford pump, no billet gears.

LeCinqLitre

Established Member
I've never seen anyone flow test the intake but dyno results show they are the same (except for the grey paint).

I'm wondering how much (if any) of the OE engine wiring harness is needed to work with the Ford racing coyote swap harness. When I got my f-150 motor I just have all the plugs with pigtail cut offs, not sure if that was clear enough but I guess what I'm asking is do I need anything like this...
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/mustang/cr3z14290eb/2012-year/gt-trim/5-0l-v8-gas-engine/electrical-cat/wiring-harness-scat/?part_name=wire-harness

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I'm wondering how much (if any) of the OE engine wiring harness is needed to work with the Ford racing coyote swap harness. When I got my f-150 motor I just have all the plugs with pigtail cut offs, not sure if that was clear enough but I guess what I'm asking is do I need anything like this...
http://http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/mustang/cr3z14290eb/2012-year/gt-trim/5-0l-v8-gas-engine/electrical-cat/wiring-harness-scat/?part_name=wire-harness

Invalid link....but I can tell you this..

You will need BOTH the stock Coyote control pack and your existing wiring harness.

Control pack can be found on LateModel's website

LeCinqLitre

Established Member
I received my motor with just the connectors cut off to protect things like the injectors and sensor inputs. How much of the harness would I need?

the motor as it sits...

IMG_0045.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
I received my motor with just the connectors cut off to protect things like the injectors and sensor inputs. How much of the harness would I need?

the motor as it sits...

IMG_0045.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In case the other posts weren't clear enough, you need the entire engine harness from a Coyote engine. It plugs into the Control Pack harness/ECU. Check ebay, check the forums, check a local salvage yard.

F8L BYT

Established Member
In case the other posts weren't clear enough, you need the entire engine harness from a Coyote engine. It plugs into the Control Pack harness/ECU. Check ebay, check the forums, check a local salvage yard.

I was told you need the vin number for the car/truck it came out of as the wiring harness had changed slightly between the years. I would check into that. Luckily I was able to get mine with the engine

LeCinqLitre

Established Member
Trying to locate a hydroboost w/ master cylinder from an '04, does anyone know if it matters whether it comes with traction control or without?

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Yes. Our rules package is hp limited. It makes no sense to use the Mustang cams because the truck cams make more torque. The only time you would see the extra power is in the upper rpm. I would have had to tune that extra hp back out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dugstang

Established Member
I'm doing the same swap, was going to change the cams and oil pump gears. I just want to crack the 400whp mark and it looks like that's possible with the f150 cams...

Dugstang

Established Member
That is great torque numbers too... I maybe will drag race once a year, I think I'll stick with the f150 cams

Users who are viewing this thread