Always good to get a 964rwhp text

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Work wouldn't allow me to get to the dyno, and we weren't looking to make more power, but my tuner Lidio at Alternative Auto wanted to check the power after a few hundred miles and the rear ice tank my brother built:

" James - I added 1° more timing to your car. And only pumped Cooler water from garden hose into intercooler tank. (No ice) and it made 964rwhp !! I'm taking it off dyno and gonna wait for you for road test and etc. pretty cool !!"

Yes, pretty cool. I may grab some ice and see if another degree helps, but this little 2.3 TVS is doing work!
I'll update this soon.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
KILLER!!
Should run like a raped ape.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Doing some fine tuning on the streets this week then picking up next Sat for some fun the rest of summer.
This is also through the STOCK mufflers, I welded them back into the full 3" Stainless Works system by wife request :)
-J

Dinosgt

Established Member
Doing some fine tuning on the streets this week then picking up next Sat for some fun the rest of summer.
This is also through the STOCK mufflers, I welded them back into the full 3" Stainless Works system by wife request :)
-J

Holy crap J ... I want to be you when I grow up.

Congrats! Can't wait to see it trap.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Beercules

Established Member
-J

Get some electric cutouts. No issue with backpressure then. Dyno said i picked up ~20whp

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Need some video / pictures... this thread be like grabbing titties over a bra/tshirt....

dale.baker

Established Member
Work wouldn't allow me to get to the dyno, and we weren't looking to make more power, but my tuner Lidio at Alternative Auto wanted to check the power after a few hundred miles and the rear ice tank my brother built:

" James - I added 1° more timing to your car. And only pumped Cooler water from garden hose into intercooler tank. (No ice) and it made 964rwhp !! I'm taking it off dyno and gonna wait for you for road test and etc. pretty cool !!"

Yes, pretty cool. I may grab some ice and see if another degree helps, but this little 2.3 TVS is doing work!
I'll update this soon.
-J
I knew if anyone could get to 1000 RWHP with the 2.3L TVS it would be you. Nice job. Keep those numbers posted on your progress.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys, I just want to drive the beast and get ready for some fall track time.
I wish my tuner was more tech savy with videos as I haven't seen the new combo on the dyno but I'll get my Go Pro working soon.
Dale--I should've tried harder to find you at NMRA Columbus last year but I'm glad we both have strong JDM units!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Get some electric cutouts. No issue with backpressure then. Dyno said i picked up ~20whp
You're reading my mind BUT I'll be hoping to put up a post with trying to get a dual mode muffler made for '13-14 dual tip Mustangs maybe with Corsa or Stainless Works.
FYI he said it sounds great with stock mufflers but is worried at this power level and my planned drag use blowing them out on back fires?
-J

Beercules

Established Member
The cutouts will be path of least resistance, but not sure if a backfire could make it past the cutouts.

Users who are viewing this thread