Also kind of new from Phoenix, AZ

cobralvr01

Established Member
I've been on here for several months but didn't see the intro section...so I guess I'll introduce myself. Hey I'm David. I'm living in Phoenix, 24yo, married and a student. I currently don't have a cobra but I'm looking into getting back into one soon.
My first Cobra was a 1998 Pearl White Cobra that I bought at 19 yo (2009) with only 33k original miles. I ended up having to trade it in for a 2006 grand prix because I was moving across country :bash::bash::bash:
So now that I've got everything settle, a good paying job I'm trying to get another one.
My first cobra here...
1916334_1341367457487_6485602_n.jpg

1916334_1341367497488_5063321_n.jpg

1916334_1341367337484_6800953_n.jpg

1916334_1341367377485_2645011_n.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome! That was a nice '98 Cobra you had. Was in great shape. Are you looking to buy another Cobra close to a '98? Terminator?

cobralvr01

Established Member
It really depends. I'm working on settling some passed debts while still affording school out of my pocket. My ideal cobra is just an sn95 shell but everything from a termi. including seats, drivetrain, irs, etc. I remember taking it to Modular Depot in Florence, Ky and doing an inspection after I bought it. Everyone came over to look underneath and we didn't see a single spot of rust ANYWHERE. They said it was the best example of an sn95 they've seen. I also got a note on my windshield in a parking garage from a stranger saying that. I remember coming from the ford dealership after showing it to a couple of friends. I drove around town a bit and just the feeling of pride when I noticed people staring at my car or giving me the thumbs up. Wow I miss having a cobra :cryying:

cobralvr01

Established Member
So past debts are finalized, school has been paid. Looks like I may be finally picking one up this weekend if everything checks out. It's a 97 cobra. 102k original miles, 6yo paint, new clutch...completely stock for around $6k. Price still needs to be negotiated. The last couple of days have been torture because I want Saturday to be here now! I couldn't be more excited.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

cobralvr01

Established Member
Finally got it. It has 102,000 miles, completely stock. Nothing wrong with it except it needs a new thermostat and a small whine in the rear diff. No problem though cause I plan to go IRS later down the road when I feel comfortable spending money again. Managed to get the guy down to $5400. Paint on it is nearly perfect. I clay barred it last night to get a better look at the finish and it's glass smooth without any fading.

Plans:
Basic Maintenance (Air filters, Spark plugs, Coolant Flush, New Thermostat, Fuel Pump/Filter, New Transmission Fluid, etc.)
IRS along with a 1.5" drop. I'm researching the best system to go with. I want comfort over everything since this is my DD.
Full bushing replacement/Tie Rods etc.
Short Throw Shifter w/ the 5speed variant of the terminator knob
mild tint
Saleens since they were made to fit IRS setups.
mildly tinted headlights/tailights
s281 wing

Later Mods:
C Head swap with upper/lower plenum
Full Flow Master 40 series and CAI
3.73's
Terminator interior swap
T-56 swap.

I may be missing a couple since everything is still in the research phase. I don't plan on doing a lot because I like subtle mods. I don't want a monster. I want a comfortable (IRS), reliable muscle car with a good amount of grunt. 350hp & 350lb/ft is more than enough to keep me very happy.

cobrabrake.jpg
cobracorner1.jpg
cobrarearcorner.jpg
cobracorner3.jpg
cobrainterior.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Cobra for sure. Thanks for posting the photos.

Photo Posting Tip. When you post photos, it is best to keep them smaller. I re-sized your interior photo to 1024 X 758 for easier viewing. That is the largest I recommend. :)

cobrainterior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread