Aloca's are on

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Man I wasn't really sold on the Alcoa's before but now seeing them on my exact car... It looks great.

OutlawVenom

Established Member
Looks great ! Vapor FTMFW !
What size/brand tires are you running ?
Where did you buy them from ? Any vendors giving deals on Alcoas ?

Last edited:

blown9350lx

JazboSVT
Established Member
Thanks guys I went with the Nitto NT555 255 35 20 up front and 275 35 20 rear. That is the size they use on the Super Snakes the only difference is the center cap has super snake on it and they use Pirelli tires. I ordered the rims thru Shelby performance parts but I had to wait a while for them and I heard they are still on back order. I have some more shots but no direct side shots if you all want me to post more pics I can.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I usually like wheel stagered and off set but the 20's look sweet! Congrats! In 18in they look jammed up.........

R1Lello

Established Member
Looks good but less width than stockers........not for me. Alcoa should get their 11's right in the backspace dept but doubt it

blown9350lx

JazboSVT
Established Member
Thanks Hec, Im trying to get ready for the show this weekend but now I have a new problem I broke my foot on Sunday so I dont know if im going to be able to drive my car hopefully it will heal and let me drive. Im been looking forward to taking her to a show.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks guys I went with the Nitto NT555 255 35 20 up front and 275 35 20 rear. That is the size they use on the Super Snakes the only difference is the center cap has super snake on it and they use Pirelli tires. I ordered the rims thru Shelby performance parts but I had to wait a while for them and I heard they are still on back order. I have some more shots but no direct side shots if you all want me to post more pics I can.

Jason, Your car looks Great!!!

The other very important difference is that the original Super Snake wheels, to keep them unique, also say "Super Snake" around the bead area (and on the center cap as you have mentioned), in addition to "Shelby Forged".

"Super" at the 2 o'clock position, "Snake" at the 12 o'clock position. This is shown below in the link...........

(IMG:http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/cobra46l/08SS0014/Picture025.jpg)

SAI has just announced 11" Alcoas. They will not be Super Snake specific and will be like the other 20" Alcoa's offered currently through SPP. As with the current SPP Alcoa's, they will only say "Shelby" and "Forged" around the outer edge of the wheel.

Below is a partial post from Bud - SAI related to this 11" announcement. At first these 11" wheels were going to be SS specific, but not anymore. At first there was also talk of a 10" to 11" swap and the original unique 10's that said "Super Snake" being kept from the public by SAI.<<This has changed also. The 11's will be an addition to the 10's for the SS owner and the 10's will continue to be the production SS rear wheel. Good news, at least an 11" wheel is now available.....

Bud's post from the Super Snake forum on the SAI site........

THIS IS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE YET................................

But this is what we are working on now................................

We are talking about making the 11" wheels just like the 10" Alcoa wheels---it will just say SHELBY Forged on them. This way anybody and everybody who would like to put them on their car, can. It would get way to expensive and out of hand if we were to try and do 2 different sets.

When your car is here and the wheels are available, you will get what is in the SS package--meaning, you still get the 10" SS wheels. And if you choose the 11's, we can either put them on or put them in with the take off parts. If you choose to have us put them on, the 10"s will go into the take off parts. We will not be doing any exchanges. Plus, this gives you the choice of 2 different rides and wheels types (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is going to eliminate having people return used wheels, frees up storage for us--we would have no room for any returned wheels. Nobody would have to worry about returning wheels, worry about refunds, etc.

When these wheels become available, you will be able to purchase them through SPP and if your car is here or at another mod shop, you will have the option for all of us to install them.

As with the 20" Alcoa wheels, so is the case with other "SS" parts offered through SPP.

The original SS comes with a KB blower that is specifically identified as "Super Snake", the SPP do not.......

Original "Super Snake".......

(IMG:http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/cobra46l/08SS0014/Picture015.jpg)

SPP KB Super Snake blower......

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/UserData/Images/Large/100822.jpg

R

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The other very important difference is that the original Super Snake wheels, to keep them unique, also say "Super Snake" around the bead area (and on the center cap as you have mentioned), in addition to "Shelby Forged".

"Super" at the 2 o'clock position, "Snake" at the 12 o'clock position. This is shown below in the link...........

(IMG:http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/cobra46l/08SS0014/Picture025.jpg)

SAI has just announced 11" Alcoas. They will not be Super Snake specific and will be like the other 20" Alcoa's offered currently through SPP. As with the current SPP Alcoa's, they will only say "Shelby" and "Forged" around the outer edge of the wheel.

Below is a partial post from Bud - SAI related to this 11" announcement. At first these 11" wheels were going to be SS specific, but not anymore. At first there was also talk of a 10" to 11" swap and the original unique 10's that said "Super Snake" being kept from the public by SAI.<<This has changed also. The 11's will be an addition to the 10's for the SS owner and the 10's will continue to be the production SS rear wheel. Good news, at least an 11" wheel is now available.....

Bud's post from the Super Snake forum on the SAI site........

THIS IS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE YET................................

But this is what we are working on now................................

We are talking about making the 11" wheels just like the 10" Alcoa wheels---it will just say SHELBY Forged on them. This way anybody and everybody who would like to put them on their car, can. It would get way to expensive and out of hand if we were to try and do 2 different sets.

When your car is here and the wheels are available, you will get what is in the SS package--meaning, you still get the 10" SS wheels. And if you choose the 11's, we can either put them on or put them in with the take off parts. If you choose to have us put them on, the 10"s will go into the take off parts. We will not be doing any exchanges. Plus, this gives you the choice of 2 different rides and wheels types (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is going to eliminate having people return used wheels, frees up storage for us--we would have no room for any returned wheels. Nobody would have to worry about returning wheels, worry about refunds, etc.

When these wheels become available, you will be able to purchase them through SPP and if your car is here or at another mod shop, you will have the option for all of us to install them.

R

Any idea on ETA and Tire Sizes?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Any idea on ETA and Tire Sizes?

They are saying the first quarter of 2009. No mention of tire size that I have found.

I personally want 11's on the rear of my SS (when it finally gets built/early '09). But I also want it to look "right", (front and rear) so I will probably store my original 9" and 10" SS wheels and buy the 11's and probably a set of matching 9's for the front. I would really like to know how, if at all, the 10" Alcoa's fit on the front of these cars?????

I don't even want to think about tires yet..........

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread