Almost a 9 second pass

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you on the 18/15 wheel combo and if you're willing to spend the coin on Bogart wheels, the 12.88" rear Wilwood and 16x10" Bogart will work best with the large front 15" brakes. Bogart has an 18" and even 17" that will clear the fronts.
Post some pics when you get those CCWs!
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Man.. you guys have some fast cars. Im in the middle of tuning with Lund on my recently installed Trinity.

Cant wait to get it buttoned up and to the track.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man.. you guys have some fast cars. Im in the middle of tuning with Lund on my recently installed Trinity.

Cant wait to get it buttoned up and to the track.
Def going to enjoy that man. Lund does a great job and it's good to see guys taking these cars to the track.
Challenging car to drag race but that makes it more rewarding.
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
car looks badass! geeeeez u sure got 9 sec mph. I wud try that two step

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Hey Bimini - Did you get to race again today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well unfortunately the weather was sh1t all week and the forecast gave basically no chance, but we though we'd have a short window to make a few passes before the rain and I trailered it up with help from my brother.
First pass 10.12@144 with a worse 1.79 60' and then a decent launch [email protected] with a 1.68 60'.
That pass should have been a 9 as I made the track longer by laying 50' of rubber on the 1-2 shift and almost clipping the 330' cone. Damn near crossed center and got out of it, but stayed in a had a wild ride :)
Unfortunately I had been noticing some belt fraying and on the 3rd pass the belt broke. We had a new belt but it's not a quick change, and intermittent sprinkles started so that's it for 2017 unless we get some miracle weather Thanksgiving weekend.
Track was really cold and only had about 15-20 cars show up. High was only 52 and DA was 200' so great for power but difficult traction.
I'll post a slip and some pics, but bummed no 9 second pass.
Still had a good time and see the potential in the car for consistent 9s after a few changes.
My youngest brother working on the Go Pro had a death on his wife's side of family, so he was at a funeral and no good vid. Would have liked to show you guys the ass puckering slip and slide 10.00 pass, one guy at the track was impressed and is trying to send me video. He and my brother said it was an epic stick car pass :)
Thanks for following.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow and wow!

Totally bummed no video.. I'd love to see that wild ride.

Crazy you are so close you can taste it... 10.oh oh 9 LOL.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Good pass. Well at least you got some more seat time and a chance to shake down the car a bit more. And you improved vs your last outing. It’s only a matter of time before you hit 9s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread