Almost a 9 second pass

Soap

Established Member
Congrats on the times. Did you go to Milan? I was considering going there but headed to US-131 instead. I hope the weather holds out for you until November, supposed to take a turn for the worse this week.

--Joe

Dinosgt

Established Member
Sick car J - Awesome.

Next time a decent fart will get you into the 9s.

Video!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man, 1.6 60ft is moving, get that a little lower and you'll be in the 9s.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks everyone. Already working on Go Pro for next time, just need the weather.
2 step will help a ton with consistency. You'll love it.
Agreed. I put my LX in the 9s on radials with a single disc Spec and TKO over 10s ago when even MT said forget it and go bias, the 2-step was key.
This will happen soon, the bias/2-step will significantly help consistency.
To answer your previous question on timing, we are on kill with quality E85 at about 24 degrees and I'll def do a fuel system this winter for the TVS2650.
It'll probably go 150 with great weather, full ice, and 2-step/WOT box pass.
-J

mgmustang1

Established Member
Nice run man def 9's easy with a little more practice. Mid to low 9 sec mph there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice run man def 9's easy with a little more practice. Mid to low 9 sec mph there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Thanks man, I'd love to have the sea level air at the quality tracks you've got around.
You had the right idea with the Hoosier slicks, these cars are so much easier to drive with a bias ply.
If you're interested I called and talked to Hoosier about tubes and they recommended stretching a 15-16" tube to fit the 17" wheel. I had thought of the tube as way to stiffened the sidewall.
What pressure do you run?
I was at 16psi in the ET Street R. The MT tech guy said start at 12 and go up but he didn't seem confident and these are heavy cars.
Any sway top end?
-J

black13 gt500

Established Member
Nice times James. You still have the 4.10s in yours? If so what did it go thru the traps at. We almost went identical times. I went thru at 7300 on the 20s. Getting drag setup next yr

Attachments

• 12-4-16 184.JPG
    12-4-16 184.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 92

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice times James. You still have the 4.10s in yours? If so what did it go thru the traps at. We almost went identical times. I went thru at 7300 on the 20s. Getting drag setup next yr
Thanks buddy, yes still 4.10s. I didn't datalog this day but previous 144mph pass on slightly taller almost 30" Hoosier DRs was 7100rpm range. It seemed the same on these ET Street Rs but I'll datalog next Sat.
DA was actually almost 1700 in mid 70s, I'm coming for better weather and trailer in the car to have it cooler with full ice down.
-J

black13 gt500

Established Member
Thanks buddy, yes still 4.10s. I didn't datalog this day but previous 144mph pass on slightly taller almost 30" Hoosier DRs was 7100rpm range. It seemed the same on these ET Street Rs but I'll datalog next Sat.
DA was actually almost 1700 in mid 70s, I'm coming for better weather and trailer in the car to have it cooler with full ice down.
-J
My car hit the limiter at the stripe on the 20s in a 305-35 I think I'm going to try a 3.70 in the 9'' to see how that does. Also looking to get some 17s on the rear

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My car hit the limiter at the stripe on the 20s in a 305-35 I think I'm going to try a 3.70 in the 9'' to see how that does. Also looking to get some 17s on the rear
Good idea, I've been thinking of a gear swap to 3.70-3.90 also but so far the rear isn't whining too bad. I'm also firming up the winter plan: fuel system, bigger TVS2650, rear brakes and custom Bogart wheels with 28x14.5x16 Hoosier QTPs. I've talked to Wilwood and it looks like they have a 12.88" rear that fits in Bogarts 16" large bore tub.
After that I hope to say it's done, but they usually never are right? :)
I looked at your slip and those passes were very close!
I'm assuming you had a better DA and the car backhalfs better on the radials, but our cars must be making very similar power. And we're crazy enough to both still have 4.10s.
What RPM did you have the limiter?
I think I'll keep the gears for now and see how the car responds to the bigger blower and bigger tires, but I agree with you to start with 9" and 3.70s.
Going to track anytime soon?
I'm hoping next Sat weather is decent.
-J

black13 gt500

Established Member
Good idea, I've been thinking of a gear swap to 3.70-3.90 also but so far the rear isn't whining too bad. I'm also firming up the winter plan: fuel system, bigger TVS2650, rear brakes and custom Bogart wheels with 28x14.5x16 Hoosier QTPs. I've talked to Wilwood and it looks like they have a 12.88" rear that fits in Bogarts 16" large bore tub.
After that I hope to say it's done, but they usually never are right? :)
I looked at your slip and those passes were very close!
I'm assuming you had a better DA and the car backhalfs better on the radials, but our cars must be making very similar power. And we're crazy enough to both still have 4.10s.
What RPM did you have the limiter?
I think I'll keep the gears for now and see how the car responds to the bigger blower and bigger tires, but I agree with you to start with 9" and 3.70s.
Going to track anytime soon?
I'm hoping next Sat weather is decent.
-J
I have small willwoods on the back now to clear a 15'' wheel but I'm not a fan of the 18/15 look on these cars so I'm thinking a 17 slick or a 305-45-17 et street R I'm confident I can go in the 9s. I'm trying to go but my 9'' i bought is 1'' narrower per side and right now I have a rear spacer on there to bring the stock wheels out to normal but I don't want to launch it hard with the spacer on there. I got a set of CCWs coming should be here in Mid November hopefully. My limiter is set thru Lund at 7350. I'm interested to hear more about those brakes and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread