ALL-NEW FORD RANGER WITH BEST-IN-CLASS PAYLOAD, GAS ENGINE TORQUE AND TOWING CAPA

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'm sure it's a total stripped down model but that 1860 payload is exactly the same as my 15 F150. Mines not exactly loaded either... its a XLT 302A 3.5 ecoboost supercab.

I have no doubt mine would tow the weight better but that's a solid payload number.

Dusten

Established Member
Didn't they start the aluminum F150 that year, and it still weighs 5500 lbs?? Sheesh!
Most aluminum trucks were only a few 100 lbs lighter. Few hit the claimed 700lb number. That said my wifes f350 is almost 600 lighter than her old one ~8300 vs ~7750

velocicaur

Established Member
This truck seems damn near useless to me:

Too expensive
Lackluster towing because lighter, shorter wheel base, smaller brakes, etc.
Small size in the truck world. How many people say "I wish I had a smaller truck..."

What is the point?

The value for money just isn't there.

blk02edge

Established Member

Too expensive
Small size in the truck world. How many people say "I wish I had a smaller truck..."

What is the point?

City slickers that need to haul flower baskets

sleek98

Established Member

Too expensive

What is the point?

It would actually be good for me depending on the interior room. I have a 24’ boat that weighs in at 5800-6000# on the trailer. I also tow my gt500 every now and then and it’s 3,800# with open trailer Call it 5,600# total. It slots right in where I need it being 7k pound towing. Just need to see what the interior room is like and what the incentives are. If I can pick up a new xlt with a few options for 30k it would look a lot better than a 150 at 36-38k.

I don’t need 11,900# towing that I have. But the wife’s pilot is only rated at 5,000 so it’s not up to the task. Getting another 5 mpg (if it is that big of a difference) when unloaded would be a big plus too

Dusten

Established Member

Too expensive

What is the point?

Between gm and toyota there are 200k plus a year sold. So theres clearly a market.

City slickers that need to haul flower baskets
I use my ranger for camping and general daily duties where a fullsize is frankly a ****ing pain in the ass.

Voltwings

Established Member

Too expensive

What is the point?

For me buying my '17 Colorado was a culmination of things - I seriously would have looked at the ranger had they been out at the time.

1. Better equipped than an F-150 of the same price.
2. Enough towing for what I need (u haul trailers and other small things)
3. Enough bed to be useful for a homeowner - grass, mulch, yard equipment, garage equipment, etc...
4. My '17 Colorado is the same size as my friends 2004 F-150, so clearly this truck was big enough for at least some point and time. Trucks have just gotten huge, the interior of an F-150 is honestly too big. If I was sitting in the front, I couldnt even reach a car seat in the back, in the Colorado I can, so that was worth something to me as well.

Theres a good market for this "mid" size trucks.

blk02edge

Established Member
Between gm and toyota there are 200k plus a year sold. So theres clearly a market.

I use my ranger for camping and general daily duties where a fullsize is frankly a ****ing pain in the ass.
Same here, I have a 2006. Was being sarcastic.

Users who are viewing this thread