ALL MOTOR BOLT-ON & TUNED Motor failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
blessing in disguise...most of the dealership guys suck...I seriously wouldn't trust them to not **** up putting air in my tires

I won't even take mine in for warranty work , terrified. I just envision some little shit tearing through my car, not giving a shit.

I know it's just a Mustang, but it's mine and I hard worked for it and I'll be damned if I am going to let some jackass just mess up my shit.

With that said I do know a few knowledgeable and organized Ford techs.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I won't even take mine in for warranty work , terrified. I just envision some little shit tearing through my car, not giving a shit.

I know it's just a Mustang, but it's mine and I hard worked for it and I'll be damned if I am going to let some jackass just mess up my shit.

I don't even go for my free oil changes anymore. Last time I was there, the idiot rotated my staggered wheels.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

my sentiments exactly... I know there are some decent dealer shops left, but most seem to be owned by the big chains that don't give a shit. I am capable and have come to terms with the fact I will handle my own repairs...too bad we can't buy these cars without the warranty, would have gladly taken another couple grand off the deal instead of factory warranty :D

Nuar

Established Member
My first free oil change (new car) I drove 15 minutes home and then 15 back on regular non synthetic oil.... I was ****ing pissed off... 1500 miles on the motor... I will never go back to a dealership for drive train or power train related issues...

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
does anyone here know how to get a hold of REV AUTO? I msg his but doesn't seem to get online much.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Click the link fool. It lists the number without having an account.

I might have to sign up on FB lmao, havnt had one in like 4 years.

Some ppl are just too smart for their own good. I am at work. FB and all social media sites are BLOCK per IS (Information Systems Dept)...Thank You very much...smh :p

Sure thing, here ya go

8303 Pulaski Hwy Suite D
Rosedale, Maryland 21237
Phone (443) 231-5072
Email [email protected]

Thanks Justin... glad to see you understand...lol! ;)

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Some ppl are just too smart for their own good. I am at work. FB and all social media sites are BLOCK per IS (Information Systems Dept)...Thank You very much...smh :
Thanks Justin... glad to see you understand...lol! ;)

Well, well, well, some of us computer savvy folks can work around that!! (Same here at my job).

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I'm really surprised that size chunk of piston did not damage the head at TDC.

My only theory would be that as the piston was coming back up trying to compress the fluid in the cylinder, the rod gave out, hit bottom of piston, at which point the chunk was slowed by the fluid?

CPRsm

Nah, all but guarantee the piston never made it back to TDC. Rod broke at BDC, and that' where the piston stayed (kinda.)

by9468840

Established Member
Please excuse my ignorance. Did the op throw rod with a NA setup?
How is that possible? Stock engine should at least guaranteed to be ok for 500rwhp!

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Please excuse my ignorance. Did the op throw rod with a NA setup?
How is that possible? Stock engine should at least guaranteed to be ok for 500rwhp!

In short... YES! and please read the spot on theory posted by CPRsm and YES! again... Hope that clears everything up ;)

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Since the root/cause of destruction seem to be nailed on the head or ruled as the ONLY thing to make sense at this time (Collin agrees). I have moved on to just repair, strengthen and return. I will be buying today a NEW set of LU47 and tossing ALL 8 of the old. Although, for a piece of mind, I still may have all 8 flow tested being the right thing to do. I also found the best value comparing short blocks NEW vs USED in every option and trim possible and decided to pull the trigger on the MMR Street Mod (1000hp) with full ARP hardware and Billet oil gears. MMR really gave me a GREAT DEAL I just could not pass on. I just now hope this all pays off because PAY!!! is all I been doing :( lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread