Air in cooling system?

03 svt

Established Member
I've flushed the coolant at the end of last summer when it spewed every every where when testing my killer chiller at idle.
So new T stat and water pump and filled according to reichart racing instructions.
Now randomly but more often then not when tuning it hard it'll spew coolant when I get on it. Not right away, it's always random. So at this point I'm questioning other issues. Like a blown head gasket. Oil is clean and it runs like a monster but this is getting very old. Today I even changed out the degasser tank and cap. Second time i hit it coolant every where. Never runs hot just constantly spits up.
Wth?

Last edited:

NastyNate420

Established Member
Try burping it again. If that doesnt work do a leak do test.
JUst so you know When I blew my head gasket I drove my car for 5 hours 110+ miles before it over heated.
Basically it was pressuring the coolant but only under heavy load would it cause enough coolant to spew out the overflow. then air would get into the system and cause it to overheat.

03 svt

Established Member
Yea I'm afraid that's what's going on here. But it hasn't over heated but it spews coolant only under boost it seems.

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
It maybe time for new radiator and intercooler caps from FOMOCO. Don't waste your money on non Ford caps.

03 svt

Established Member
Kb 2.4 and supporting mods nothing fancy made 620 to the tire. One day it over heated long ago never been right since.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you tried using block testing fluid? Simple enough to use, it just looks for combustion gases in the cooling system. NAPA sells them, along with others I am sure, relatively cheap.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you confirmed fan ring isnt cracked.

My last 2 issues were crack in cyl 7..

And broken fan ring.

I was having an issue with over heating after 45 min drive which must of been tiny leak causing air..a bottle of bahrs leak took care of that issue

NastyNate420

Established Member
Lisle Combustion Leak Detector I think thats for checking for exhaust gas in the coolant. Harbor freight has a leak down tester for $30-$40. thats what I used. Its more useful than just checking for a blown head gasket.
You might have slight warped the heads or block when it overheated way back. HOPEFULLY ITS SOMETHING ELSE! Leak down is the easiest/cheapest way to rule out something major. There are instruction online on how to do it.

03 svt

Established Member
Lisle Combustion Leak Detector I think thats for checking for exhaust gas in the coolant. Harbor freight has a leak down tester for $30-$40. thats what I used. Its more useful than just checking for a blown head gasket.
You might have slight warped the heads or block when it overheated way back. HOPEFULLY ITS SOMETHING ELSE! Leak down is the easiest/cheapest way to rule out something major. There are instruction online on how to do it.

Awesome, I'll pick one up today. Something has to give that's a big lump of money sitting in my garage doing nothing

cj428mach

Established Member
I've never had any issue burping the system on my car. Just cracking the crossover cap once or twice and its good, thats even after having the motor out.

I hate to say it but I'd suspect something else.

Users who are viewing this thread