AfX wideband

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Afx w/b. If anyone is running this wideband, just wondering how you like it, how long you been running it, and if possible, how does it compare to other widebands. Thanks.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I dont know anything about that one either. I run the AEM wideband, nice looking peice, and works flawlessly.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
:shrug:Don`t know about the Afx.I`m running a djwbc and like it a bunch.JMO

I liked mine until it wouldn't read correctly. I have replaced the sensor and checked all wiring/grounds. The damn thing reads 12-13 when the WB on the dyno reads 14-15. At WOT it seems to read correct for the most part though. I just can't figure out why it can't read idle and cruise A/F ratios :shrug:...

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
It looks good, especially for the price, and NGK makes it so I figured I would look into it. The replacement sensor though, is 170 bucks, while the kit is almost 300. I have a monitor already, but looking for a reasonable sensor kit to add on. I plan on running it full time like most people, and most sensor do fail. Accuracy is most important but also looking for one that last too.
Either way thanks for the input.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Many big tuners had an in-depth discussion on this over on ModFords. The AFX is considered the best and most accurate of the affordable wideband units. Also, you can upgrade to the NTK sensor ($150 replacement), which is much more accurate and durable than the Bosch sensor that all other widebands use. You can still use the Bosch sensor, as well.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol:Alright man, I have heard good stuff too, esspecially for the price and its made by NGK. But I trust my fellow SVTPers more. Good looking out, will be ordering mine soon.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I liked mine until it wouldn't read correctly. I have replaced the sensor and checked all wiring/grounds. The damn thing reads 12-13 when the WB on the dyno reads 14-15. At WOT it seems to read correct for the most part though. I just can't figure out why it can't read idle and cruise A/F ratios :shrug:...

Are you running the DJ guage or aftermarket?Is it calibrated correct?It should do a cycle swing,go to around 14.7,then go to 18 once the sensor heats up.Grounds make a big difference also.Last but not least,where is your sensor located in the exhaust?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Keep in mind that just because a sensor is on a dyno doesn't make it correct. Lots of dyno operators use the same cheap bosch sensor that is in all of these kits. Not only that, but they often run the sensor way past its useful life, drag it around the shop floor, and neglect to switch sensors between leaded and unleaded fuel. Not saying you don't have an issue with your unit... Just something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread