Aftermarket stereo installed in 12 Boss

oldmodman

Established Member
Looks great (as usual) Tracy.

How do you keep coming up with all these amazing looking and performing cars?

Have you done anything (twin turbo?) under the hood yet.

Hugerush

Established Member
Subwoofer enclosure details!

Very interested in the subwoofer box. What is the material (fiberglass, MDF, etc.)? Any idea of the internal volume? Who completed the manufacture/performed the installation? And most importantly, how does it sound (have heard varying reports of sub performance in that location)?

AWESOME LOOKING SYSTEM BY THE WAY!!!

scott_0

Established Member
very nicely done!! so with the Maestro unit, it displays the tire psi, as well as the other engine readings (and most specifically the A/F ratio) with nothing else added?

BUCKET

Established Member
Had to look at that install again. Absolutely love it, would love to hit you up one day and pick your brain on that 3.6L setup and how everything is running. About to tune mine on race gas and wonder what my next step is.

Mikal

Established Member
That's not a great , it is just awesome dude. I really like the setup and also think that music system make the car rock and when we listen while driving such kind of music courage us.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Looks great (as usual) Tracy.

How do you keep coming up with all these amazing looking and performing cars?

Have you done anything (twin turbo?) under the hood yet.

She has a 3.6L Kenne Bell Blower and makes somewhere around 800-870 RWHP. (not sure after the auto conversion) NO turbos needed!!!:lol: TWIN Screw KB POWA!!! I had the first BOSS with a blower and Kat "one upped" me and did a 3.6...:rockon::;-)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
very nicely done!! so with the Maestro unit, it displays the tire psi, as well as the other engine readings (and most specifically the A/F ratio) with nothing else added?

No boost because that's not a factory PID. It does show A/F, spark, temps, egt, load and a bunch of others.

BREMBO12

Established Member
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm loving the head unit/maestro setup.

Thanks for the heads up.......very nice. i lived in alamo heights back in 2000 when I had my Lightning. Don't remember the shop name but the guy on San Pedro South of the Loop did one hell of a job in the L.

Great! Thanks....jw :banana:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I am still shocked at it holding 21psi on c16

Plus the kenwood install is sick!
It's on e-85 now running 16-18psi. I just drove over 2k miles on 93, averaged 23-25mpg, got to the track switched fuel, tune and tires and clicked off a couple of low 10 second passes. Won the female 10 second class as well as runner up female overall. Now I'm gonna drive it back to Tx! This car is awesome!

Thanks for the heads up.......very nice. i lived in alamo heights back in 2000 when I had my Lightning. Don't remember the shop name but the guy on San Pedro South of the Loop did one hell of a job in the L.

Great! Thanks....jw :banana:
Custom sounds is on San Pedro. My install was done at the Bandera rd location.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I installed the same metra dash kit, Kenwood DDX470, rockford punch P1683 6X8's all around and a punch P-300-10 Loaded 10 inch woofer enclosure in the trunk. I'm very satisfied with the sound now. It sounds better than a factory shaker.

I wanted a simple, clean, good sounding system that was useful. So far, I'm thrilled with the results!

-Kenwood DNX890HD with Maestro. (Maestro in the adapter that jacks into your OBD and factory sync and puts virtually everything at your finger tips!)

-Focal V30 components up front

-JL Audio 10W3 subs x2 in a custom spare tire well Box

-Focal IC570 5" x 7" (5x7) 2-Way in rear deck.

-Audison LRx - LRx 5.1k 5 channel Amp

-Metra double din install panel

Here are the pics.

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0776.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

If your car is sync equipped, you have a lot more options with the Maestro.

DSC_0779.jpg

You can check and clear DTCs right from the screen!

DSC_0780.jpg

This is my FAVORITE part! I don't need to make my car look like an airplane cockpit!

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Great work as usual! What's the name of the stereo shop you use? I have been looking for a trust worthy place for a nice custom stereo install for a while.

BREMBO12

Established Member
It's on e-85 now running 16-18psi. I just drove over 2k miles on 93, averaged 23-25mpg, got to the track switched fuel, tune and tires and clicked off a couple of low 10 second passes. Won the female 10 second class as well as runner up female overall. Now I'm gonna drive it back to Tx! This car is awesome!

Custom sounds is on San Pedro. My install was done at the Bandera rd location.

damn.....14 years flys by.....thanks for the redo Custom Sounds it was! Great install.

BREMBO12

Established Member
I installed the same metra dash kit, Kenwood DDX470, rockford punch P1683 6X8's all around and a punch P-300-10 Loaded 10 inch woofer enclosure in the trunk. I'm very satisfied with the sound now. It sounds better than a factory shaker.

great install..... :rockon:

12V Guy

Established Member
so i looked at the Maestro website and couldn't find an answer for what i was looking for. does the Maestro have any analog inputs for gauges/sensors that the OBDII port does not display?

No we don't. We get everything from the OBDII on the car and we can only support what is there already. We may look into doing this at some point as many others have asked same question.

Cheers,
12V Guy

dean_acheson

Established Member
12V guy-

I am considering this setup for my 2012 Boss (non-sync) vehicle.

I understand that I would need:

1) an applicable Kenwood unit.
2) ADS-KIT-MUS1 Dash Kit
3) ADS-HDN(SR)-FOR01 Factory Integration Adapter
4) Maestro ADS-MRR Factory integration Adapter

These are the numbers as they are on Crutchfield, they seem a bit different than the idatalink websites. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the proper pieces.

Want to try our kit?? :) iDatalink - Maestro - MUS1 (ADS-KIT-MUS01)

Puts the climate controls INSIDE the radio..

Cheers,

12V Guy

Users who are viewing this thread