Aftermarket stereo installed in 12 Boss

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Love the new head unit, and of course the JL quality.

Did you have dynamat installed? If not, any rattling so far?

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
who makes the sub box?

n/m, I now read where you said it is custom.

how does it sound?

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Love the new head unit, and of course the JL quality.

Did you have dynamat installed? If not, any rattling so far?
No dynamat yet, but it is the near future. So far, no rattling.
My jeep is fully dynamatted and I love what it did for the system and exhaust noise

how does it sound?
It sounds amazing. I still have to tweak the settings for different genres but I'll have a lot of time to do that on the upcoming road trip. I have similar combos in my cobra and jeep. Focal, JL and kenwood work well together.

str3ck

Established Member
so i looked at the Maestro website and couldn't find an answer for what i was looking for. does the Maestro have any analog inputs for gauges/sensors that the OBDII port does not display?

Jabooh1

Established Member
Anyone find a list of all the engine parameters that can be displayed? I search all over but can't find anything.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
so i looked at the Maestro website and couldn't find an answer for what i was looking for. does the Maestro have any analog inputs for gauges/sensors that the OBDII port does not display?
No.

Anyone find a list of all the engine parameters that can be displayed? I search all over but can't find anything.
RPM, ECT, AFR, Spark, Speed, IAT and a few others. I'll look this evening. Battery voltage is shown on the vehicle diagnostics menu.

bpmurr

Established Member
racerat,

What made you decide to even put speakers in the rear deck instead of just having the nice components upfront?

CharlieR

Established Member
No dynamat yet, but it is the near future. So far, no rattling.
My jeep is fully dynamatted and I love what it did for the system and exhaust noise

It sounds amazing. I still have to tweak the settings for different genres but I'll have a lot of time to do that on the upcoming road trip. I have similar combos in my cobra and jeep. Focal, JL and kenwood work well together.
Actually Focal and JL work well with everything. :) I was sent here from the GT section to see this, Looks very nice & bet it sounds great. BTW, I've had that same dash kit for over a year now and it's given me only 1 issue(on occasion on start-up it loses control of the flapper that controls the fresh air, it "catches" itself in seconds and it just started doing it.

BossJake

Established Member
I love this stereo install. Very clean like it was from factor. Maybe someday after I get the performance mods done to the car that I want I will tackle this. Thanks for sharing this.

Users who are viewing this thread