Aftermarket stereo installed in 12 Boss

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I wanted a simple, clean, good sounding system that was useful. So far, I'm thrilled with the results!

-Kenwood DNX890HD with Maestro. (Maestro in the adapter that jacks into your OBD and factory sync and puts virtually everything at your finger tips!)

-Focal V30 components up front

-JL Audio 10W3 subs x2 in a custom spare tire well Box

-Focal IC570 5" x 7" (5x7) 2-Way in rear deck.

-Audison LRx - LRx 5.1k 5 channel Amp

-Metra double din install panel

Here are the pics.

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0776.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

If your car is sync equipped, you have a lot more options with the Maestro.

DSC_0779.jpg

You can check and clear DTCs right from the screen!

DSC_0780.jpg

This is my FAVORITE part! I don't need to make my car look like an airplane cockpit!

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

Para81

Established Member
Looks fantastic. Reminds me of the Alpine system a lot of guys are putting in the 07-08 911 Turbo's (which came with a dreadful nav system)

Total cost?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Do you have a picture of the finished trunk?

I'm in the process of finishing up my stereo install as well

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Do you retain the steering wheel controls?

Yes and additional shortcuts to stereo features by pressing and holding the steering wheel buttons. For instance, holding volume up answers a phone call and holding volume down hangs up.

Do you have a picture of the finished trunk?

I'm in the process of finishing up my stereo install as well

The shot of the trunk carpet is a finished shot. You see nothing and no trunk space was lost.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Ohhh now I get it, doesn't affect the woofers at all being covered?
Nope. I may have a pretty cover with cutouts made in the future, but I needed nav and some decent sound for a 3000+ mile road trip coming up in two weeks.

Is your amp running the door and rear speakers as well as the subs, or just the subs?
It's a 5 channel amp and runs everything.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
looks sweet man! question though, the BOSS comes with sync? I thought they were base stereos. I have a base brembo and wondered if I get the same stereo and the maestro will diagnostics show up? I also swapped the wheel to a BOSS wheel but my dealer couldn't activate the steering wheel controls. So I want to find a unit with an adaptor to make that's work too. if you can give me the link to where you got your head unit that would be great. Thanks again badass setuo

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
looks sweet man! question though, the BOSS comes with sync? I thought they were base stereos. I have a base brembo and wondered if I get the same stereo and the maestro will diagnostics show up? I also swapped the wheel to a BOSS wheel but my dealer couldn't activate the steering wheel controls. So I want to find a unit with an adaptor to make that's work too. if you can give me the link to where you got your head unit that would be great. Thanks again badass setuo

The '13 Boss has sync, not the '12.

Yes, the maestro gets the diagnostic info from the computer. I'm not sure about the steering wheel controls, I think they have to already be working.

I got all my stuff through a local stereo shop, but crutchfield and other online retailers carry the Kenwood units.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
The Kenwoods are $1100 from crutchfield. I love the setup. Especially love all the diagnostic stuff right in the head unit. Great, another project coming up. Did you build the box yourself?

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
That looks like an awesome setup!

I picked up my Boss yesterday and still haven't turned the stereo on in 200 miles. Pulled the restrictor plates as soon as I got it home and I've been cruising everywhere with the windows down

Users who are viewing this thread