Aftermarket brake rotor question

graveyard

Established Member

Anyone used aftermarket rotors on there cobra,such as the ones on E-bay or somewere like that,i was wondering if the drilled and slotted ones was any good.Want be doing much racing but still want a good brake

MVD

Established Member
Why do you want drilled or slotted rotors if you are not putting them through extreme performance? Just get a solid faced rotor and good pad.

You want surface area, drilling and slotting makes the rotor worse for your application.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Slotted are great for street / strip use. i would stay away from any cheep Drilled rotors as the tend to crack. I have Power Slot's with Hawk pads and they work great.

MVD

Established Member
Slotted are great for street / strip use.

Strip as in drag strip? If so you need max stopping power which means most surface area on the rotor.

All drilled and slotted rotors do is vent heat and gases built up between the pad and rotor face under extreme conditions. Neither of those are need on the street or strip. And to be honest most modern pads do not create very many gases under extreme braking like they used to.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You just can't go wrong with the OEM Brembo rotors!!

IF YOU CAN FIND THEM!

Centric(sic.. oops) makes a nice solid replacement, they own Power Slot.

Drilled rotors only valid usage IMHO would be street and car shows.

Even the C6 Z06 guys that do heavy tracking are scrambling to find solid replacement rotors, because the OE drilled ones CRACK when they get tracked hard.

Slotted are ok, I wouldn't pay more for them though. They also contribute to faster pad wear.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
...or Centric!

Rotorpros also seem to have nice stuff, but not sure what is made in China and what is not. Don't think I'd get them off eBay since I'm betting most of them are Chinese...

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I like my DBA 4000XS's. seem to be good so far, and look great.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
...or Centric!

Rotorpros also seem to have nice stuff, but not sure what is made in China and what is not. Don't think I'd get them off eBay since I'm betting most of them are Chinese...

I ordered some from rotorpros.com. they look great. I havent put them on yet. They use the centric rotors. They also have a warranty. I got mine with pads for 220 shipped several weeks ago. they were running a sale. I figured for that price they were definately worth a try.
Mine is a street car. I don't track it, so they really don't get abused.

graveyard

Established Member
I ordered some from rotorpros.com. they look great. I havent put them on yet. They use the centric rotors. They also have a warranty. I got mine with pads for 220 shipped several weeks ago. they were running a sale. I figured for that price they were definately worth a try.
Mine is a street car. I don't track it, so they really don't get abused.

Thanks for all the info i have been doing some checking on different rotors:rockon:

lostwhat83

Established Member
Slotted are great for street / strip use. i would stay away from any cheep Drilled rotors as the tend to crack. I have Power Slot's with Hawk pads and they work great.

Question. Did the Hawk pads turn your rotors brownish, black?

Pat21gq

Would LOVE 10s...
Established Member
Brake rotor usage

When i go to the drag strip or daily street use i use my powerslot slotted rotors. when do autocross/track days i use the drilled cause they stay cooler longer than slotted. slotted rotors have more initial bite than drilled. if you arent getting a big name rotor stay away from drilled. brembo, willwood and baer offer warranties on their drilled rotors. i have learned over my life that when you buy cheap you will end up paying for it in the end....

Users who are viewing this thread