After much deliberation, my new ride

CobraCarrera

Established Member
No I got it from a friend of a friend. I've been eyeing it for a while but the owner never wanted to sell it. I was going to call you today but ran out of time. Freakin holidays lol.

Was this car local...I may have seen it on Dallas Hwy a few times....

Good luck with it...Looks very well taken care of....... I actually really like that blue 2002 Z06 at Buyavette... I don't think I could ever part with my Cobra though...had it way to long.....I wouldn't have an issue with a two seater as no one in the family really has been in my Cobra up to now except for every once in a while....

96lazervert

Established Member
Was this car local...I may have seen it on Dallas Hwy a few times....

Good luck with it...Looks very well taken care of....... I actually really like that blue 2002 Z06 at Buyavette... I don't think I could ever part with my Cobra though...had it way to long.....I wouldn't have an issue with a two seater as no one in the family really has been in my Cobra up to now except for every once in a while....

I bought it in Woodstock. Its probably not ever been to Dallas hwy if I was betting. Don't go drive one unless your ready to change. I think just the differences will make you do it.

Ukfox89

Established Member
Congrats.....I almost bought a red z06 that looks identical to that, but ended up with a terminator instead. Loved the terminator, the corvettes are cool too. Sweet ride

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice choice! Congratulations. Awesome that the mileage is so low. You did well! :beer:

Palmer

Established Member
Exactly. I made the move now rather than later because every year I kept the C6, that was another 5k I would lose. Selling it now allowed me to payoff the wife's car and buy the C5 but still be debt free. Made sense to me.

That makes perfect sense. It looks great I've always loved the C5 Z06's. I really don't see it being that much of a step backwards from the C6. Congrats.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car, i can totally understand your down grade. But nothing wrong with the c5z.

96lazervert

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Zyborg, the climate control display is very dim. Did yours do this? Does someone sell refurbed ones maybe?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Zyborg, the climate control display is very dim. Did yours do this? Does someone sell refurbed ones maybe?

Actually thats about the one electrical component on my car that did not have issues. Lol..

Not to insult your intelligence but im guessing you tried turning the intrument cluster light display knob to the left of the gages? Are all the gauges dim or just the climate control? If its just the climate control, follow the steps on this link and you can have it fixed for virtually no money with a little bit of time.

~~~>> C5 Climate Control dim/dark display fix - Corvette Forum

Good luck.

96lazervert

Established Member
Actually thats about the one electrical component on my car that did not have issues. Lol..

Not to insult your intelligence but im guessing you tried turning the intrument cluster light display knob to the left of the gages? Are all the gauges dim or just the climate control? If its just the climate control, follow the steps on this link and you can have it fixed for virtually no money with a little bit of time.

~~~>> C5 Climate Control dim/dark display fix - Corvette Forum

Good luck.

Thanks man. Yeah it's the only one acting up. The others are ok for now lol.

makevelie187

Established Member
iv had mine for 6 years now and love every minute of it!! great car and red is the best color. what are you future plans for mods? if any. Heres a crappy pic of mine after i put the 19/20 street setup on.
20131108_211755_HDR_zps416be8e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread