After much deliberation, my new ride

96lazervert

Established Member
We'll guys I made a previous post a few weeks back on deciding between an 03' Cobra or C5 Z06. I just sold my C6 Z06 on Saturday and pick up this car on Christmas Eve. I thought I was dead set on the Cobra until I went and drove this car. Thank you guys for answering all my questions for those who have owned both and those who had good input. I was able to payoff the wife's car and pickup this up. It was hard to give up the C6 but it was the smartest move. I will miss the C6Z for sure, but this car is different enough to make it exciting. On to the car.
2001 Z06, mod red interior, 27k miles, cam, full exhaust
More mods are coming just have to decide what direction I'm going to go.

bc6b1d779ae4fc32fd975c630aafdfa6.jpg

IMG_2684.gif

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Congrats! That thing is nice! I have a Z06 carbon fiber intake tube for it of you're interested

96lazervert

Established Member
Great looking Z man. How is it going back a generation?

It's ok. I really like how this car is not as refined as my C6 was. This car put down 440rwhp with a big cam and full exhaust. My C6 made 570 with heads and cam so there's a lot of power I'm going to make up at some point maybe. Not sure yet.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Nice Josh...Good Luck with it......Did you get it from BuyaVette...They have a red and blue C5 Z06 for sale as well....

96lazervert

Established Member
Nice Josh...Good Luck with it......Did you get it from BuyaVette...They have a red and blue C5 Z06 for sale as well....

No I got it from a friend of a friend. I've been eyeing it for a while but the owner never wanted to sell it. I was going to call you today but ran out of time. Freakin holidays lol.

Z06

Established Member
Very nice OP, what does something like that run give or take. Not trying to cause anything but that was the car that made me fell in love with vettes and go crazy for the Z06.

RSbeast

Established Member
C5z is one of the most fun car's I've ever driven.

Ended up with an 03 coupe due to my love of targa. Have some modding to do to catch up.

stroked mach

Established Member
he sold the c6z to pay off his girls car and prob got this with no or to little payments, that's the way i took it

96lazervert

Established Member
he sold the c6z to pay off his girls car and prob got this with no or to little payments, that's the way i took it

Exactly. I made the move now rather than later because every year I kept the C6, that was another 5k I would lose. Selling it now allowed me to payoff the wife's car and buy the C5 but still be debt free. Made sense to me.

96lazervert

Established Member
Very nice OP, what does something like that run give or take. Not trying to cause anything but that was the car that made me fell in love with vettes and go crazy for the Z06.

I paid $25k for it. It booked for $23,108 on kbb.com. I would have at least done a cam and full exhaust on a stock one so that saved me some money.

Users who are viewing this thread