After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I know a few of the people on this and other forums have complained about the lack of a third pedal, but I wonder why no one has complained about the apparent lack of a convertible?

sqidd

Established Member
I deal in percentage's. You would have to be a VERY special person to be able to make that order right now, and an even more special to have the information/specs as claimed.
I'm incredibly special. Just ask my Mom.:)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There are numerous sources that have quoted color availability. It doesn't sound as if white won't be available.

"The GT500 comes in 11 available colors including new-for-2020 Red Hot, Twizzler Orange and Iconic Silver. Buyers can option a black roof, dual stripes and side strips."
Monster Mustang Shelby GT500 revealed at Detroit auto show

Green is indeed a wildcard. Even Ford reps at the top expressed uncertainty as to its availability.

"The 2020 Mustang GT500 will be available in all Mustang colors from 2019 plus three new shades, Red Hot, Twister Orange and Iconic Silver. Painted stripes are available for GT500 as well, Ford says."
2020 Shelby Mustang GT500: 700+ HP 5.2L Supercharged V8

I don't see why a shade of white wouldn't be available on the 2020 GT500.

sqidd

Established Member
I know a few of the people on this and other forums have complained about the lack of a third pedal, but I wonder why no one has complained about the apparent lack of a convertible?

Because it's not nearly as cool as complaining about not having a third pedal. When it comes to cool, everyone knows that there isn't anything cooler than complaining about the lack of manual trans options.:D

LostM

Established Member
There are numerous sources that have quoted color availability. It doesn't sound as if white won't be available.

"The GT500 comes in 11 available colors including new-for-2020 Red Hot, Twizzler Orange and Iconic Silver. Buyers can option a black roof, dual stripes and side strips."

Green is indeed a wildcard. Even Ford reps at the top expressed uncertainty as to its availability.

"The 2020 Mustang GT500 will be available in all Mustang colors from 2019 plus three new shades, Red Hot, Twister Orange and Iconic Silver. Painted stripes are available for GT500 as well, Ford says."
2020 Shelby Mustang GT500: 700+ HP 5.2L Supercharged V8

I don't see why a shade of white wouldn't be available on the 2020 GT500.

Why are people still arguing over MSRP if they stated: Pricing will be announced closer to the Snake's fall launch, but expect a price tag some $10,000 north of the $59,140 GT350.

Granted, not absolute and 20 is still "north" of 10, but that should narrow the speculation down

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Twizzler Orange or possibly a Green???
YUP!

giphy.gif

LostM

Established Member
Are you making an analogy between color choices and an msrp discussion? Beyond that, I don't see why you quoted that particular post.
No, just an observation about the price, and curious if that is what was told to him there, or if he was going by the same speculations we are

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Nice. Still have your Terminator?
-J
Only the fond memories of it. DD a Charger Hellcat for now. I saw you were at the Detroit auto show and all over the GT500, as was I. I thought the show was underwhelming, but the GT500 was definitely the crowd favorite.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, you have good taste. I also currently DD a Hellcat Charger. I’ll be turning that into the new GT500 and a truck. Not buying a first year car though, I’m hoping for next April.
-J

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Well, you have good taste. I also currently DD a Hellcat Charger. I’ll be turning that into the new GT500 and a truck. Not buying a first year car though, I’m hoping for next April.
-J
Nice! I will let you know the good, bad, and ugly of the car. I will be ordering as soon as the banks open.

Users who are viewing this thread