After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Most, as in greater than 50%, will likely never get on track. I’ll take that bet.
Goes for almost every sports car.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
At our track alone in small town canada we have at least 50 GT3 owners who track them regularly, now spread that out to all the areas with race tracks+europe and Im sure the number of people per GT3/tracking is higher than lots think.

We also have exactly 20 members with zl1 1le's who track a lot. Hard to understand the popularity until you are around it.

I really dont understand the point of that debate either, lots of others appreciate track ready cars for their canyon roads too.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well,....looks like I'm definitely not getting one.

My "go-to guy" says these cars are going to go for 90K and first year are going to call for ADM, no way around that.
He says he has a list of about 40 people that are in line for this car. It sucks, but everything happens for a reason. I think he said the HP is around 740.

paluka21

Established Member
Well,....looks like I'm definitely not getting one.

My "go-to guy" says these cars are going to go for 90K and first year are going to call for ADM, no way around that.
He says he has a list of about 40 people that are in line for this car. It sucks, but everything happens for a reason. I think he said the HP is around 740.
Start at $90k? I don’t buy it. What market would Ford be competing with at that price point?
Starting at $70-72k. Sure.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Start at $90k? I don’t buy it. What market would Ford be competing with at that price point?
Starting at $70-72k. Sure.
No specs or price out yet, don’t believe the dealers who talk out their ass when they themselves don’t know.
No offense Nick lol
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I was thinking 80K, maybe 85k max with the Track Pak/carbon fiber package.
Either way, the Hellcat Redeyes are a 90K car, so who knows. I told myself if it's over 90k, I'm out, as much as I would love to have one.
Hopefully we shall see shortly about pricing.

paluka21

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I was thinking 80K, maybe 85k max with the Track Pak/carbon fiber package.
Either way, the Hellcat Redeyes are a 90K car, so who knows. I told myself if it's over 90k, I'm out, as much as I would love to have one.
Hopefully we shall see shortly about pricing.

I like most others on here don't know what this car will cost, but looking at most of the cars competition, I would think mid $80's loaded with the full carbon fiber package makes sense.
Then again the Redeye starts at $71,695 which I could see being very similar for the GT500.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like most others on here don't know what this car will cost, but looking at most of the cars competition, I would think mid $80's loaded with the full carbon fiber package makes sense.
Then again the Redeye starts at $71,695 which I could see being very similar for the GT500.
That's what I'm thinking as well.
Plus,....we as consumers have to pay for that R&D that Ford does to build that beast. I'm sure they put A LOT of time and monies into building this car.

paluka21

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking as well.
Plus,....we as consumers have to pay for that R&D that Ford does to build that beast. I'm sure they put A LOT of time and monies into building this car.

Well and here's the thing with me; I can drop the coin for a first year car, but I prefer to buy second year after seeing what kind of bugs/issues a particular MY is dealing with. It allows me to make a more informed decision in the event I don't like something about a vehicle, such as the oil consumption problems some of the 350's are experiencing.
It's a great thing to be in the car market these days.

Established Member
Well it took a couple years for that to come out, maybe you will avoid ADM completely

Breitling

Established Member
From the C&D article linked by Snoopy:

"Ford says the GT500 will be able to hit 60 mph in less than three seconds and turn the quarter-mile in less than eleven seconds."

I thought Ford said 3.5 seconds 0 to 60 and 11 sec quarter miles?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So if the $70K base price is accurate, how did C&D obtain this info when Ford hasn't released anything official?
If $70K base price is true, I think that is a very acceptable and competitive number given the market around the car.

It's a generic number.

Users who are viewing this thread