~~AFS 18 Inch 03 Cobra Wheel Interest Check~~

Which wheels are you interested in Purchasing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I'd be interested in a set. Wish the price wasn't so high. I was very happy with my first set for $900. I know things go up but 1600 is getting a little steep.

mervt

Established Member
The Tires on the rear are 295/35/18 Pirelli winter tires due to our crazy weather here, our summer is just as bad as our winters apart from a few weeks, so they are good all-round tires over here.

mervt

Established Member
You guys are lucky in the USA, living in the UK I paid $1300 for the 4 x AFS wheels direct from AFS which I thought was excellent, $800 shipping which wasn't to bad due to the weight of the 4 but I was caught for $400 import duties when they arrived (before Fed Ex would deliver them to me)

mervt

Established Member
Ambers were on the car when I purchased it back last year, its so funny I got a set of New US Rear Lenses and wanted to put them on but unfortunately we have to have amber signals here, if I do put them on the car with red turning lights I would gain $100 fine and 3 points on your licence. 12 points & a years ban...so thought I better not.

Where did you get those ambers? @mervt

oldmodman

Established Member
They cost HOW MUCH NOW??:eek:

I got my set of 17's, 2-9's, 2-10.5's chrome and won an E-bay auction when they were doing those back in 2004. The I drove over and picked them up saving the shipping. $426.00

I got them just to tide me over until I could talk myself into a set of T/F wheels. But I still am running them. Chrome is still perfect too.

mike69440

Established Member
I thought I was missing out on something, thought I was going to have to upgrade. Like you, I wouldn't buy a set of wheels that won't fit my big brakes. One of the best mods I've done

I have 80K on my car now, piling up fast this year. I'm on my first set of replacement pads, original rotors. I drive rural, coast a lot . I roll so much I've averaged 23 mpg over the last 3000 miles. I love how those big 18" Rims and wheels roll.

So when it's time to replace the rotor's, a would like to do a brake upgrade. Never know when you your life or car's future depends on stopping. Well worth $2,000 or so.
My car will be off road for winter soon, it was 40 F this AM. The new Conti EC's are ok in the cold, unlike the Goodyears, but the thing is really boost happy. I heard a bit of detonation this AM at less than 1/2 thottle, the boost needle pegs too easy in cold air. I miss those 85-90F days.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Where did you get those ambers? @mervt

Ambers were on the car when I purchased it back last year, its so funny I got a set of New US Rear Lenses and wanted to put them on but unfortunately we have to have amber signals here, if I do put them on the car with red turning lights I would gain $100 fine and 3 points on your licence. 12 points & a years ban...so thought I better not.

Yep, I was stationed in Europe and you MUST have amber turn signals there. I think it's great. I wish it was that way here. I think the Cobras look awesome with the amber turn signals. But purchasing them for around $500 a pair for 99 to 01 is a bit pricey. I bought a set for my coupe. Would love to have them on my Vert, but don't know if I'm willing to shell out another $500.

BTW, I would not purchase AFS wheels. I have no experience with them, but with the stories Bdubbs and others have told I would not want to do business with a company like that. Tell the truth don't make excuses.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i just called over there and it doesn't look promising, at least for the machined version of the 18x10.5. he said there just isn't enough demand for them and there are no plans in the pipeline as far as production. he said that if they do start producing, then it will be posted on their website along with an availability date.

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
WP_20160619_13_36_49_Pro.jpg

mrose75

Established Member
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a set but not for $1600 and a 6+ month wait.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I remember back in the day in 2009 when I picked up my Cobra, i bought brand new 18x9 chrome wheels and tires from AFS shipped for only $900. I've had them on 7 years now and they still look fantastic, the chrome is perfect. Only issue is they do pit a little bit on the inside. These prices now they want are insane. $1600 for just the wheels is a joke. Buy some TF or CCW wheels guys.

Users who are viewing this thread