~~AFS 18 Inch 03 Cobra Wheel Interest Check~~

Which wheels are you interested in Purchasing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
So I've called AFS about 100 times already asking for an update as to when the 18 inch 03 cobra wheels were going to be back in stock. Long story short is no ETA anytime soon. What I was told was that the wheels are ordered by the pallet and the minimum order is 200 wheels. I figured I would get an interest check going to try and show the guys at AFS that the wheels will definitely sell. It sounds like AFS is a little hesitant to put in an order with the fear of them not selling and just collecting dust. I KNOW these wheels will sell. Post up what you are interested in. I will send this thread link to AFS so hopefully we can get another run of wheels going.

(Mods I posted this in the Terminator Talk section since there is more foot traffic here. Hope that's ok)

Option 1 = 18x9 & 18x10.5 03 Cobra Wheel CHROME

Option 2 = 18x9 & 18x10.5 03 Cobra Wheel MACHINED FACE (with Silver Cutouts)

94slowbra1

Established Member
may try and post this on FB too. i see them going for crazy prices on there due to lack of availability

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. I cancelled my order this summer. First it was 4 weeks, then 6, came up on 8 weeks and I cancelled.

jbou91

Established Member
Forget AFS, they nearly doubled the price of those crappy Chinese made wheels. At that price you guys should pay a little more and get some forged wheels. If they were $900 like they use to be, then they MAY be worth it. $1600 for Chinese crap is a rip off

svtrookie

Established Member
Nope. I cancelled my order this summer. First it was 4 weeks, then 6, came up on 8 weeks and I cancelled.

Same here! Ordered back in April. In June they told me they were being re-chromed because they didn't think the quality was good enough. Not sure if that was a lie, but in August I just canceled my order. If they went back to being 900-1000 I would pick up a set up, but this wait time is ridiculous.

mike69440

Established Member
18 X 9 Fronts

18 X 9 Fronts to match my 18 X 10.5" rears, Only if the work with 14" 6 Piston big Brembo's and could be had for Under $500.

Attachments

• P1030747 (1024x768).jpg
    P1030747 (1024x768).jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
18 X 9 Fronts to match my 18 X 10.5" rears, Only if the work with 14" 6 Piston big Brembo's and could be had for Under $500.

Off track question, what brembo kit do you run that's got six pistons? The Gran Turismo kit is only 4 piston but is 14".

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
900 yes. 1600 not so much.

Especially when you see how these wheels look after a few years..I have a set, and the chrome peeling is awful.

They do look very good, but for the price I'd rather pick up a set of TF wheels.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Damn i hate reading these post. I thought AFS were the best of the best, i didn't know they would start peeling on me. I wanted some but i don't know anymore.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
No they are def not the best of the best. They are low quality but do look good for our cars. I prefer the machined look and I called them last year to see about the machined 18 x 10.5 - the guy took my info but never contacted me back. I didn't know the price went up high. As mentioned unless they are cheap there are many better options out there

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
I've had AFS 17x10.5's chrome on the rear of my car since early 2014 with no issues. Chrome looks great.

mervt

Established Member
Mine have been on the car for over a year and taken a battering in the Great British Weather, like rain 60% of the time here.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I thought I was missing out on something, thought I was going to have to upgrade. Like you, I wouldn't buy a set of wheels that won't fit my big brakes. One of the best mods I've done

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Mine have been on the car for over a year and taken a battering in the Great British Weather, like rain 60% of the time here.

Sorry, off topic but what brand and size tires are those?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread