AeroForce Gauge

93VORTECH

Established Member
Thinking about getting an AeroForce Gauge. Do you think these are worth it and what's your opinion on these?? Thanks

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I like mine. I like that I can toggle thru and set what I want to monitor. There was some issue with the first one I had. It would start up fine, but after 20 seconds- the screen would wash out. I sent it back and Aero replaced it. Haven't had a problem since.

93VORTECH

Established Member
I like mine. I like that I can toggle thru and set what I want to monitor. There was some issue with the first one I had. It would start up fine, but after 20 seconds- the screen would wash out. I sent it back and Aero replaced it. Haven't had a problem since.

Can we monitor boost with these cars? Or I would have to buy an extra sensor for that? I'm just trying to figure out what's the common stuff we can and can't monitor without buying multiple sensors to see if it's even worth spending the $300 between buying the gauge and pod etc.?

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I have a dual gauge setup. I like it. It helps me keep an eye on a few key readings with a single cable plugged into the OBD2 port.

Dusten

Established Member
Can we monitor boost with these cars? Or I would have to buy an extra sensor for that? I'm just trying to figure out what's the common stuff we can and can't monitor without buying multiple sensors to see if it's even worth spending the $300 between buying the gauge and pod etc.?
You need additional sensors.
Sooooo you're saying 2 different things. LOL ( Nice Gauges but Quirky/Unreliable )
They look good. They are full of good features. But for the cost, reliability is suspect.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Air intake (AIT1), intercooler temp (Charge temp), voltage and coolant temp.

The first two help me keep an eye on the intercooler pump. Voltage helps keep an eye on the alternator. Coolant temp gives a real temp for the engine (the temp gauge in the instrument panel is pretty much next to useless in how it works).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
AEM gauge won't measure boost. You'll need a separate boost gauge for that. I just did the Hilton overlay on the factory dash gauge. I have a single gauge and I mostly monitor IAT's and coolant temp, but fuel, battery volts... anything that the OBD II "reports" can be monitored. There are values built into the AEM gauge that the car doesn't report, fyi. I can't remember them, tho.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
My setup is a Hilton overlay for boost in the dash, AEM gauge to monitor the IATs and coolant temp, etc and a Speed Hut A/F gauge in an SOS dual pillar gauge pod.

BMSTNG

Established Member
I have had my duel aeroforce gauges about a year and love them, never had a problem. If you want to read boost, a/f, or oil pressure you have to buy the sensors. The gauges will show all readings that the obd 2 supports. You can go to aeroforce's web site for a list of all the parameters supported for ford vehicle's

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had mine for 5-6 year's with zero issues. This topic on these gauges seem to come up every few weeks.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I have my aeroforce in my car and I didn't buy anything extra for it and I use mine for fuel pressure,voltage,fuel pump duty cycle, and boost. I also have an aem boost guage in my car that will cut in and out due to a bad connection and my aeroforce is right on where the aem is at well when it works. So I don't know why mine will work with boost heck when I put it in the car I wasn't even sure how to set it up I just tried a few different things a couple times and got it where I liked it and left it that way. I have the top read out set up for 4 or 5 certain things and then the bottom readout set for others and just switch through them when I want to watch something. By far its the best guage I have ever bought.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have my aeroforce in my car and I didn't buy anything extra for it and I use mine for fuel pressure,voltage,fuel pump duty cycle, and boost. I also have an aem boost guage in my car that will cut in and out due to a bad connection and my aeroforce is right on where the aem is at well when it works. So I don't know why mine will work with boost heck when I put it in the car I wasn't even sure how to set it up I just tried a few different things a couple times and got it where I liked it and left it that way. I have the top read out set up for 4 or 5 certain things and then the bottom readout set for others and just switch through them when I want to watch something. By far its the best guage I have ever bought.
The factory MAP sensor will read boost up to a certain point. I think 14psi. It might be lower. Beyond that you need the external sensor.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I will have to watch it next time I get the car out, or set it to boost when I am at the track I usually put it on the temp sensor especially when its 90 outside and set the other to fuel pressure. So I am guessing as long as someone is still on the stock eaton they could use the aeroforce for boost as long as the aren't over 14 psi, which I am not sure if I have ever heard of one being over that.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
For those that don't know, you can put the parameters you want to watch in cycle mode. I watch roughly 8 things on cycle mode and I have it cycling about every 2-3 seconds.

zeus201

Established Member
Been running dual gauge for 6 / 7 years without any issues. Like most, monitor voltage, IAT or charge temperature, coolant temperature and fuel pump duty cycle or pressure. One of these days I'll buy the wideband and boost add-ons.

Users who are viewing this thread