AED Tuned: First Impression

Punisher1401

Established Member
im digging the lopey idle. Im one of the guys that has been holding out for warranty purposes, but everyday that becomes harder and harder

Boss949

Established Member
Fuel economy? Not yet, and haven't kept up with it. Only a few miles since the AED installed.

Temp? I did notice that the cylinder head runs about 201-203 the other night at the strip. If I'm not mistaken, before the tune 204-207???

RangerDLA

Established Member
Yeah. All three. I wish I could hear how yours sounds. I live in the Dallas area, but I'm getting the tunes regardless. I'm pretty much sold.

haVesoV777

Established Member
Can you give me some info on the CAI? I'm getting close to putting a Boss IM on my GT and i wanted to do the PJ CAI as well and i was emailing Shaun at AED and he tells me that the PJs don't come with the venturi.. can anyone shine some light on this? I'm a bit lost..

Shaun@AED

Boss949

Established Member
Can you give me some info on the CAI? I'm getting close to putting a Boss IM on my GT and i wanted to do the PJ CAI as well and i was emailing Shaun at AED and he tells me that the PJs don't come with the venturi.. can anyone shine some light on this? I'm a bit lost..

As you have noticed in Shaun's response to you; there are many images of the MVT / Venturi Tube.

Shaun was the one who alerted me to the fact that Airaid DOES have the MVT available with their CAI. (You should call them when ordering to make sure the unit you are getting does have the Venturi Tube).

Tube removed: You use the AED custom tunes.

Should you desire to use the TracKey/RedKey Tune from Ford Racing or stock tune; then you follow the enclosed directions for the Airaid CAI and reinstall the Venturi tube.

For me at this point, I don't see using the stock or Red Key in the near future.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Glad to hear the op is happy with the tune... But a lot of excitement in this thread without any hard numbers.... OP you can find replacement discs for the side pipes online in a lot of sizes to quiet it down.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Agreed would like to see some numbers. Looking at going this way.
Iam- ref your ET- what was your 60 on that 11.83 and curious as to what DR and size was used

Users who are viewing this thread