AED tune installed (464 whp @ 8200 Rpms)

65sohc

Established Member
A lotta numbers are flyin' around in this thread. Some credible and others INcredible. First off let me say that Shaun tuned my car on his dyno, free of additional charge due to some SCT flasher issues at home, all day and into the early evening. No mods whatsoever, 91 octane California gasohol, revved to 8300. Baseline it made 404 hp, tuned 411. MPG for the 200 mile drive to his shop with cruise set on 70 mph was 24. Return trip 24. There will be some inter-car variability, but 7 mpg? A 30% increase would seem to defy the laws of something. As far as power, you gained 42 and I got 7. Again, hard to fathom. All I can says is congratulations. Back in the 60's everyone knew someone who, by the luck of the draw, seemed to get a car in which everything was "just right" and faster than everyone elses. Well, maybe yes and maybe no. Given the precision with which engines are built today and the electronic controls I think the likelihood of someone serendipitously getting "a fast one" is remote. This thread has gotten me intrigued with the Jegs pipes, given the fact that my car won't need to be "examined" for five years.

RSKtakR

Established Member
A lotta numbers are flyin' around in this thread. Some credible and others INcredible. First off let me say that Shaun tuned my car on his dyno, free of additional charge due to some SCT flasher issues at home, all day and into the early evening. No mods whatsoever, 91 octane California gasohol, revved to 8300. Baseline it made 404 hp, tuned 411. MPG for the 200 mile drive to his shop with cruise set on 70 mph was 24. Return trip 24. There will be some inter-car variability, but 7 mpg? A 30% increase would seem to defy the laws of something. As far as power, you gained 42 and I got 7. Again, hard to fathom. All I can says is congratulations. Back in the 60's everyone knew someone who, by the luck of the draw, seemed to get a car in which everything was "just right" and faster than everyone elses. Well, maybe yes and maybe no. Given the precision with which engines are built today and the electronic controls I think the likelihood of someone serendipitously getting "a fast one" is remote. This thread has gotten me intrigued with the Jegs pipes, given the fact that my car won't need to be "examined" for five years.

E85 on top of the OP's CAI and cat deletes or an o/r x-pipe all together would be fun on this car.. it was REALLY fun on my 11' GT, should be a little better on this motor I would think.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Reading the extensive article on the Boss, the engineers pretty much said that the max rpm's should be 7900 with the stock valvetrain.

XSTANG

Established Member
The numbers are definitely optimistic, lol.

I'd say mine is around 420-430 rwhp with the off road X, Steeda CAI, and AED tune.

I could care less about dyno numbers anymore, personally. Unless I threw a pair of turbos on the car (then I'd want to know), I could care less about bolt on gains per HP. This Small investment had big SOTP returns and was well worth it.

Most of these 5.0's pick up 30-40 rwhp with these mods, and Shaun confirmed this to me himself.

This is about what mine did... Considering SAE, it's actually a little less.

Offroad H, Steeda CAI, and AED 93 lopey idle tune.

bossdyno.jpg

BIGDBOSS302

Just ordered the aed tunes, cat delete, and airaid pj carbon fiber cai !!!!!!!!! after seeing this deffinatly excited to see the results!! have yet to see a boss on the dyno with the new airaid parnelli jones intake.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If you think that Ford is going to warranty a 5.0 with an aftermarket tune after all the stuff that went down in 2011, you're smoking crack.

i agree with you hands down on that

Users who are viewing this thread