AED tune installed (464 whp @ 8200 Rpms)

Boss3o2

Established Member
Been getting a lot of PM's regarding feedback on the new tune I installed on my 12 LS Boss. Figured I would share this, with all of you here.

Stock, my Boss made 417 whp, 357 TQ @ 7550 RPM's (Hit rev limiter)

Got all 3 tunes from Shaun @ AED, that I can switch back and forth with. On the Dyno, I used the Performance tune. However, it comes with 3 tunes - Race, Performance, or Lopey Idle Tune.

The car made 459 whp, and 386 Tq @ 8250 RPMS. (Rev Limiter set at 8200). It feels like a raped ape, compared to stock.

After the install of Cat Delete Pipes, and K&N intake, the car made 464 whp, and 389 tq. @ 8250.

All Dyno Runs, were on 91 Chevron Pump Gas.

The car was dyno'd on a in ground Dyno-Jet. I should have my Dyno sheets emailed to me, by this week, which I'll post, once I get them.

Here are some YouTube videos for you guys.

Boss 302 Cat Delete Lopey Idle - YouTube

2012 Boss 302 Redline (459 whp @ 8250 RPM) - YouTube

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Holy shit!!!

edit: Did you really do a WOT pull with your fuel light on?? LOL please tell me that I'm wrong :(

Last edited:

Boss3o2

Established Member
please tell me that I'm wrong :(

You're not wrong. Unless you're running Nitrous or Turbo, its no harm. However, I was burning up the 91 Pump Gas, as I was planning to add some Race fuel the following day - for some more Dyno Testing.

Another thing I would like to add, is the increase in MPG with the new tune. I gained 7 MPG @ 70 MPH, Same freeway, gear etc.

I get close to 100 miles more, per tank now.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh gotcha, I didn't know you were trying to burn it.. That car pulls insane and really makes me want a Boss. Congrats man

AZBOSS

Established Member
Holy **** you upped the limiter to 8200? Awesome numbers though.

Also--how is the fitment on the Cat Delete Pipes? I'm assuming you used the BBK ones? Any leaks?

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
This thread got me so pumped up I called shaun at AED and ordered a tune! LOL!

My car made 414RWHP with the steeda intake and steeda tune...are you saying I can gain 30-40 to the wheels with this tune?

Boss3o2

Established Member
Holy **** you upped the limiter to 8200? Awesome numbers though.

Also--how is the fitment on the Cat Delete Pipes? I'm assuming you used the BBK ones? Any leaks?

Yeah, these motors are safe to 8400 RPM's, which is what the Boss 302R's are shifted at. The extra 700 RPM's is just what this motor needed, for its short gears.

Also, keep in mind, the Dyno graphs are showing its making power up that high. :)

As for the Cat Delete pipes. I actually went with what Shaun @ AED recommended, which is the cheapy JEGS performance pipes. Fitment was dead on, and O2 are placed in the stock location. However, they were a SOB to put on!

This thread got me so pumped up I called shaun at AED and ordered a tune! LOL!

My car made 414RWHP with the steeda intake and steeda tune...are you saying I can gain 30-40 to the wheels with this tune?

Good stuff. Yes, the gains were amazing. Shaun is not completely focused on Peak numbers, and more importantly what is in between. I still cannot believe, what a simple tune did to this already amazing machine.

I want 8200 rpms on a road coarse lol!! good lord

We're going to Willow Springs again, on 9/2 for Speed Ventures. Hope to see and meet some SVTperf. Members out there. You're welcome to do some laps with me, my LS Boss. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn make sure you get soem vids of that!! I would love to attend trust me, but I'm stuck in stationed in Mobile, AL lol!! But in a couple years when I move home I'm going to take you up on that offer :beer:

RSKtakR

Established Member
Ya I needed to see these video's 3 F'ING DAYS after I bought my Boss, and I ran Shauns tunes on my 2011 GT. THANKS A LOT!! lol Now I'm really wanting to get tunes from him again for this car. Sounds and runs good!

Boss3o2

Established Member
Damn make sure you get soem vids of that!! I would love to attend trust me, but I'm stuck in stationed in Mobile, AL lol!! But in a couple years when I move home I'm going to take you up on that offer :beer:

Anytime :beer:

Ya I needed to see these video's 3 F'ING DAYS after I bought my Boss, and I ran Shauns tunes on my 2011 GT. THANKS A LOT!! lol Now I'm really wanting to get tunes from him again for this car. Sounds and runs good!

I knew it would happen. I saw your Boss, and said to myself " Yeah..right!" If I had nickel, for everytime I have said that. Btw, congrats on your new purchase!

RSKtakR

Established Member

I knew it would happen. I saw your Boss, and said to myself " Yeah..right!" If I had nickel, for everytime I have said that. Btw, congrats on your new purchase!

:beer: thanks, I love it!! do you even have a CAI on your car? only mods is the tune and cat deletes? Its HARD to not mod it... its the perfect platform.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Yeah, these motors are safe to 8400 RPM's, which is what the Boss 302R's are shifted at. The extra 700 RPM's is just what this motor needed, for its short gears.

Also, keep in mind, the Dyno graphs are showing its making power up that high. :)

As for the Cat Delete pipes. I actually went with what Shaun @ AED recommended, which is the cheapy JEGS performance pipes. Fitment was dead on, and O2 are placed in the stock location. However, they were a SOB to put on!

Cool, looking forward to seeing your graphs. Letting it rev that high might reduce the longevity of your engine; are you planning to install the Cobra Jet crank trigger ring? That is supposed to clear up any ECU timing noise above 7800 RPM.

RSKtakR

Established Member

thanks to you I just emailed Shaun, and he said just let him know when Im ready..LOL I BLAME YOU! :shrug: however I would probably get bigger injectors and run the corn through it as well based on my butt dyno from my last car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread